6 weeks out from TT surgery (w/pics)!!

Replies

• kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Thanks for sharing! What a huge difference already!
  • Wow, that is a major difference! I'm so glad that you have had good luck with the results. This might be a weird question but do all tummy tucks have such a big incision? I'm so happy for you MJ :D

Yes, I think so.. I had mine a week ago and mine is that large as well.

MJ, I was also going to comment because going back and looking now, it looks like my scar is a lot darker than yours. Was yours already looking a lot better at the two week mark? I am hoping mine isn't infected. :-( I think that one of my drainage tube openings is. boo!

The 2 week pics my scar is actually covered by steri-strips so it doesn't look like much! It is dark though but gets better. I am using aloe on it everyday until I can afford to get scare-fade which is a little expensive for me right now.
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    How long do you have to be off work/activity?
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Wow, 7lbs is a lot of weight! How awesome! If I ever lose as much weight as you did (your starting weight is my current weight) I hope that I can find a way to get a TT. I'm sure that I wouldn't mind the scar either. I would just be happy knowing what it feels like to have a flat stomach!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    you look amazing!! I had a TT almost 4 years ago and let me tell you, your life will forever be changed! It's the best thing in the world not only health wise but for your self esteem! It just gets better and better....
  • Does your scar hurt? Is it sensitive? How about your new belly button? My SIL had surgery and has a similar scar. Sometimes if she sneezes hard, she feels like her scar is going to pop open. She is really itchy around it too. What are the disadvantages of this surgery. I really want it done.

No the scare doesn't hurt. I am mostly numb which I am used to because after my 2 c-sections I have been numb on my belly. it is a little sensitive on the ends but nothing real significant. I have been coughing and sneezing for about 3 weeks because of a cold so I understand what your SIL means but it does get better. Yes the itchiness is normal :-)
    As with any surgery there are risks, getting the right surgeon is the most important. I had complications and had to stay in the hospital for 2 days instead of it just being a day surgery. I was the exception though. You have drains the first couple weeks but I didn't find them to be too bad. I wasn't able to take a shower for 3 weeks because of the drains. I havent found any disadvantages just a long healing process. You have to be really really careful and listen to everything your doc tells you.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Woooo Hoooo! Looking better everytime.... Im glad you are feeling much better, trust me you'll be saying the same as I did, best thing I ever did for myself... Congrats..
  • How long do you have to be off work/activity?

I am a stay at home mom and watch kids occasionally in my house. My mom and husband each took a week off work to stay with me. Then I slowly started back to my old habits. I really didn't feel like I could do a lot until about 4 weeks though. Official recovery is 8 weeks. I am not allowed to push/pull/lift more then 10 lbs for that 8 weeks. So in 2 weeks I am going back in to re-evaluate and hopeing that the doc will tell me I can start exercising slowly again.
  • you look amazing!! I had a TT almost 4 years ago and let me tell you, your life will forever be changed! It's the best thing in the world not only health wise but for your self esteem! It just gets better and better....

Thanks I love hearing things like that because I already feel so good!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Congrats!! It looks awesome!! Happy that it turned out well for you. It was the best decision I ever made.

The scar will lighten as the years pass. I have had mine for 4 years and you can barely see the scar now. Its just gets better and better from here!! :bigsmile:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    LOVE all the comments that you are getting. I am sooo excited to get to where you are! I really just can't wait to get to 8 weeks so that I can hold my babies again!!! woot!!!
  • dimplzz
    Lucky you!! How much did the skin weigh, if you don't mind my asking?

He took 7lbs off my, I got to the see the pictures of what he took off. NASTY!! My doctor was very surprised actually he thought it would only be 3-4lbs.

Did they show you those pictures at one of your follow up appointments?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    That looks like it hurts so much!!! Congrats on your success :D
  • Lucky you!! How much did the skin weigh, if you don't mind my asking?

He took 7lbs off my, I got to the see the pictures of what he took off. NASTY!! My doctor was very surprised actually he thought it would only be 3-4lbs.

Did they show you those pictures at one of your follow up appointments?

yes!
  • That looks like it hurts so much!!! Congrats on your success :D

definitely isn't pain free but it wasn't too bad.
  • dimplzz
    Holy buckets! I hope they show me mine too! I was told almost 3 pounds of fat and 13 inches of skin. She didn't tell me the weight of the skin though.

And yes, I will agree with Mj. There is some pain but actually not nearly as bad as i thought it would be! Just stay on top of your pain pills. :-D
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    You look great!

I had one years ago, the scar will eventually turn silver, it took mine about a year to do so. I will take the scar anyday to have a flat stomach! Wait until you shop for clothes and you dopn't have to worry about holding your stomach in :)

I still love mine after all these years and would do it all over again if I had a choice...
  • carin_cress
    carin_cress Posts: 21 Member
    Wow ... what a big difference. I am so glad you are nearing the end of it. Getting back to exercise will feel like such a gift, but take it easy! Keep posting those after pics!! :happy:
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    You look amazing!!! :)))))
  • I dream of the day I can do this surgery! You look great and so happy for you...congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!