what's the best strategy to lose weight in 1 week?

Options

Replies

• boinee
    boinee Posts: 27
    Options
    Ive seen guys put an exercise bike in a sauna and go for broke trying to make weight, Ive seen crazier stuff than that but its extremely dangerous and I do not suggest you do any of that kind of thing, lose the weight in a healthy way.

I've heard about soaking yourself in a bathtub with salt for 20 mins, then go to bed with 3 or 4 blankets for 20 mins and back to the tub with salt for 20 mins then back to bed for 20 mins... I heard you'll lose 4-6 lbs just by doing that. can you confirm?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Ive seen guys put an exercise bike in a sauna and go for broke trying to make weight, Ive seen crazier stuff than that but its extremely dangerous and I do not suggest you do any of that kind of thing, lose the weight in a healthy way.

I've heard about soaking yourself in a bathtub with salt for 20 mins, then go to bed with 3 or 4 blankets for 20 mins and back to the tub with salt for 20 mins then back to bed for 20 mins... I heard you'll lose 4-6 lbs just by doing that. can you confirm?

Sitting in a saline solution will just leech the water from your body. You'll just get dehydrated. I don't understand the blanket part of it, that just sounds ridiculous.
  • boinee
    Options

Sitting in a saline solution will just leech the water from your body. You'll just get dehydrated. I don't understand the blanket part of it, that just sounds ridiculous.

I guess It should be the same.. more water coming out since you're perspiring, maybe lying in the bathtub with salt for 80 mins is bad. so switch it up... no idea. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I guess It should be the same.. more water coming out since you're perspiring, maybe lying in the bathtub with salt for 80 mins is bad. so switch it up... no idea. :)

Either way, it's bad. You're just dehydrating yourself and any water you drink after that will be retained to replenish your body. It's pointless.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Drink liquids only then get a colonoscopy.

I'm currently reading the master cleanse. thanks!
    You do realize I was kidding right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • boinee
    Options

You do realize I was kidding right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

yeah, I knew you were kidding at the colonoscopy part.
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Have a limb (preferrably leg) amputated, put on ice for the duration of the weigh-in, win your bet, then get it reattached.
  • leethecuz
    Options
    Have a limb (preferrably leg) amputated, put on ice for the duration of the weigh-in, win your bet, then get it reattached.

Hahahaha, thats gold :laugh:
  • Karen_145
    Options
    Long term healthy and good BMI are better than winning a bet. You want to keep it off don't you?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    What do you get if you win?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Yes, because this totally affects my answer. Also, if my advice makes you win, what do I get?
  • boinee
    Options

$200
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Only $200? Meh...up it to $500. Then the day before get an enema, chop off a leg, soak in a bathtub of salt water for 80 minutes and you'll be gold.
  • Karen_145
    Options

Why not just eat a tapeworm? Or run around in the blazing sun while wearing a rubber suit? Jockeys used to do that.

And I'm being completely sarcastic. The stuff your talking about is dangerous.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    If you have never done a weight drop as in if you have never done it to make weight (wrestling, boxing, mma) I am no doctor and this is not advice in any way.

Severe and quickly onsetting dehydration if you have never done it before (most athletes that do this are being assisted by nutritionist and doctors who are monitoring blood pressure, blood sugar etc) can cause A LOT OF MEDICAL related side effects including death and the following - seizures, loss of consciousness, shock, heart attack, muscle cramping, loss of vision, vertigo etc that could all lead to bad things.

Like I said most professionals that do this follow a strict regiment of water loss and water retention. For example, an MMA fighter might drop 10 lbs in a week, to gain 14 lbs the next day after he met his peak water loss and then rehydrated so you know, he didnt die.

You play with fire when you do this crap, you have been warned.
  • boinee
    Options
    Only $200? Meh...up it to $500. Then the day before get an enema, chop off a leg, soak in a bathtub of salt water for 80 minutes and you'll be gold.

I'm not rich like you. :tongue: Some people don't have a lot of money like you.
  • boinee
    Options
    If you have never done a weight drop as in if you have never done it to make weight (wrestling, boxing, mma) I am no doctor and this is not advice in any way.

Severe and quickly onsetting dehydration if you have never done it before (most athletes that do this are being assisted by nutritionist and doctors who are monitoring blood pressure, blood sugar etc) can cause A LOT OF MEDICAL related side effects including death and the following - seizures, loss of consciousness, shock, heart attack, muscle cramping, loss of vision, vertigo etc that could all lead to bad things.

Like I said most professionals that do this follow a strict regiment of water loss and water retention. For example, an MMA fighter might drop 10 lbs in a week, to gain 14 lbs the next day after he met his peak water loss and then rehydrated so you know, he didnt die.

You play with fire when you do this crap, you have been warned.

thanks!
  • fitmel08
    Options
    Oh good! I must have posted at the same time you did that last one about not continuing the diet this way after this. I'm so glad!
  • nezi_s
    Options
    I did a master cleanse 1 year ago.. i lost 12 lbs in a week. I will say this , once i came off the master cleanse it wasnt easy to go back to eating food..so its great if you want to learn portion control. Because u couldnt eat alot if you tried once u get off that program. They sell a mix at whole foods that I used along with a tea in the morning and at night. 1 year later never gained a pound back.. but the 1st 3 days are BRUTAL! :-)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Doing all these things will certainly make you the biggest loser, no doubt on that.