Nook or Kindle?

Options
I'm trying to decide on getting a Nook or a Kindle.

Does anyone have opinions on either of them?

Thanks

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Honestly, they have practically the exact same features. Minus the nook has a touch screen bottom and the kindle has a keyboard.

I picked the Nook simply because I love barnes and noble and I did not like the keyboard on the Kindle.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just preordered the Kindle fire for my 10 year old daughter. It's in color with a touch screen. The only thing I can see that it doesn't have that an Ipad does is a camera feature.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Honestly, they have practically the exact same features. Minus the nook has a touch screen bottom and the kindle has a keyboard.

I picked the Nook simply because I love barnes and noble and I did not like the keyboard on the Kindle.

FYI Kindles now come with touch screens and not the keyboard or the touch "pad" at the bottom.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    KINDLE! Hands down. I don't know why there is competition!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    i love my NOOK!!! :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I tried to help my aunt with her Nook.. such a piece of crap.

I say stick to physical books.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Which model of Kindle are you looking at?

I have the Nook. I "enabled" it to use all the Android features that were locked out and I use it like a tablet. I don't like it at all as an e-book reader. So I ordered the new $79 Kindle and LOVE the e-ink. So much better for reading.

So...for me...they both have their place :)
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    love my kindle...
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    KINDLE! But I'm a bit biased ;)
    BUT in all honestly, I just like the kindle because I wanted a keyboard. So if you like touch screen, go for the nook!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I tried to help my aunt with her Nook.. such a piece of crap.

I say stick to physical books.

I say that too. I refuse to ever get either.
  • foremant86
    Options

I have the Nook. I "enabled" it to use all the Android features that were locked out and I use it like a tablet. I don't like it at all as an e-book reader. So I ordered the new $79 Kindle and LOVE the e-ink. So much better for reading.

Unless you got the Nook color, the regular Nook uses e-ink as well.

I literally tried to turn the page the other day when i was reading because i was so engrossed and it seems so much like a real book.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have a Kindle.....the keyboard it great for when you need to create categories....
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love my color nook :) and we got it so that it can go on the web and it thinks it's an android tablet so I can go on the android market and get great free games and get internet in tons of places!
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have had the kindle for about a year and I love it. It is so user friendly and their customer service is the best. Lots of free and low cost books to choose from on their website.
    I would definately recommend it over the nook. No backlight to strain your eyes. If you get one, you will not be sorry.

Tracy
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    They're both great.

I love the Nook because they have one free book every Friday, in addition to the huge free library they have all the time. I also like the touch screen. My mom hates the touch screen, so she prefers her Kindle. Potato, potato. The only downside to the buttons on the Kindle is that the letters rub off fairly quickly. My mom's keyboard is already almost blank and she's had to write several of the letters back on with a marker.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

I literally tried to turn the page the other day when i was reading because i was so engrossed and it seems so much like a real book.
    Good call! I forgot about the e-ink Nook! Thanks for clarifying.
  • foremant86
    Options

Good call! I forgot about the e-ink Nook! Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, seems a few people are confusing the Nook color with the E-ink Nook.

Nook color is crap and i don't know why anyone would get one if they actually wanted to read books..so bad for your eyes!
  • leonaaugust
    Options
    Love my Nook! Touchscreen, e-ink, super lightweight & portable! Downloads new books easily & quickly via wi-fi! ^_^
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am getting the Kindle fire on friday for my birthday i am so stoked
  • dHowe4406
    Options
    I have a kindle and I love it! I also have a Kindle Fire on the way.

I don't know much about the nook but the kindle as "The Kindle daily deal" which is a different ebook everyday for only $1.99, most of the time.