Help me pick an outfit, please!

Options
jayliospecky
jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
So, I have a big Christmas party coming up with some major bigwigs I work for and I'm very nervous and excited. I've never been to an event this major before in my life. Very fun, but I'm such a newbie.

So, it's not black tie, but it's described as "festive attire." I ordered a few things and tried them on. They're shown below (hopefully, this is my first time posting pics) in order of my preference so far. And it's not like my hair or makeup or anything is all done up, so take that into account. Plus I would probably wear opaque tights or something (it is winter in Canada).

I would love some more opinions to help me decide!

1. black with pants (I think it's the most elegant)
P0000310.jpg
2. black with skirt (ok but I think I like the pants better)
P0000309.jpg
3. navy with skirt (initially I thought this would be my favorite, but the skirt has this weird thing going on where they have a different kind of material, so I don't like it as much as I thought I would.)
P0000310a.jpg

Replies

• bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like the navy
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I adore the first one. You look stunning!! :D
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Go with the pants. You seem to like it best, so you'll be comfortable in it and less self-conscious all night.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I like the black with pants. Its classy and flattering. You can always jazz it up with jewelry!
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    def the black with pants but accessorize! like maybe red heels or red/silver clutch? instead of all black...

looks very good though!! :)
  • soccerchey1
    Options
    Definitely the pants
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    First one. You look long and lean. I think the Navy would be too hard to get shoes for.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in all of them but I agree - go with the one you feel mos confident in!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    black with skirt. Looks more feminine and elegant to me. All three look great, though.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I would say the black with the skirt, but I really like the black with pants, too! And I agree with an above poster, that you should throw in some red stuff :)
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    :happy: Another vote for the pants. That outfit looks great and if you add some jewelry and/or blingy shoes you gotta an awesome to die for outfit for the party! Let us know what you choose!!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    The first one, but they're all awesome. Good job!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    love number one looks professional and sexy plus it'll be warmer for the season and more comfy
  • StacyLynn8241
    Options
    I think the pants look the best :smile:

I also think you should dress it up with some jewelry!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first one.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    first one with the pants, and agree with the red handbag or red shoes or something to add a splash of colour
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like the pants best!
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    definately the pants w/some va va voom hair and makeup you'd be set
  • farmernan
    Options
    #1 and #3 is my second choice