How Often Do You Record Your Weight On The Ticker?

Kimbers70
Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
I'm just curious..

I have been recording my weight weekly. But as I really focus on me and transforming the way I think and eat, I notice the scale really moving. And I am sure that like me, when you see that loss you want to record it as a sense of accomplishment! So I am thinking of maybe doing 2 weigh ins a week instead of 1. How often do you weigh, but more importantly, how often due you record it on your ticker?:wink:

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    once a week!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    once a week! If you do it more often you get obsessive!
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    just once same day same time, then that is your proper weight and not water loss or gain
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 139 Member
    Once a week here. If I weigh more than that I beat myself up if there is not a change or not a big enough change....you know.
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    I weigh in on my ticker when I see a loss. I don't put the gains in there because I know my weight fluctuates for all sorts of reasons throughout the week and when those gains drop fast, I don't want it to look like I accomplished something amazing. When I weigh in for challenges, though, I put whatever weight I am that day, even if I weighed three pounds less the day before.
  • neude
    neude Posts: 1
    Every time I lose a pound.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    I weigh myself every day but only record once a week and then only if I've dropped a whole pound....so sometimes the intervals are longer!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    I weight myself every other day or so, but I try to only record it on the ticker once a week (unless there is a huge mid-week change, I think I couldn't help myself)

the only problem with doing it more often is your weight fluctuates it ca be discouraging for some...I haven't been discouraged if I go back and forth between a pound because I know my body will fluctuate like that, so if you are ok with it than I don't see a problem with more than once a week.

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Once a week for me on the ticker, the daily fluctuations can be killer and either uplifting or killer so once a week is a better benchmark for me.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Weekly here too!
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    I weigh myself everyday but only post it on Fridays. I record my lowest weight for that week. I have a weight tracker app on my phone where I enter my daily weight then I can easily see my weight history & there is a line graph to show my trend.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    I weigh every day, first thing in the morning. I am accustomed to fluctuations depending on how much sodium or bulky high fiber vegetables I've eaten recently. But the nice thing about MFP is I KNOW if I'm under my calorie goal and I don't get obsessive if my weight goes up when I haven't overeaten. I know it will come back down in a few days.
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    weekly along with measurements, but I weigh almost daily.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    When I lose at least 2-3 lbs and they stay off. I don't like the losing of .5 or .2 because usually that number will flex up again if I eat anything with sodium so I make sure my numbers have meaning and they are consistent. =)

5499814.png
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    I update my ticker 1x per week -- my weigh in/document day is Saturday morning. I know if I "goof" during the week, it's on the weekend.. so, this gives me the rest of the week to straighten it out :) I do weigh myself a few times during the week..
    But, weighing is always a motivation for me.. if it's up, then I am more careful about my choices for the day (food and excercise).. and if my weight is down.. it's such a great feeling.. and I don't want it to go back up ! Good Luck!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    I weigh in at my T.O.P.S meeting on tuesdays (completely dressed) and at home on fridays (under garments only) and I put in the weigh in from home on the MFP ticker. Sometimes I do weigh myself other times, but I only record it the one time a week.
  • its been almost 2 weeks since ive started on here... i dont plan on logging on my ticker or getting on the scale until the first week of december!!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    What I do is do an official weigh in on Monday mornings, no clothes, before eating/drinking. That one I log in on here and on Libra (Droid app). During the week like today I do a fake weigh in, especially when I think I've lost some. It could be during the day or in the morning just for my own satisfaction. But I don't mark that down anywhere.
  • Once a week. Of course I weigh myself more than that but I just set my ticker once a week so I make sure it's not just fluctuation!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    I weigh and record every day. Sounds counter-intuitive, but fo me it's an exercise in NOT obsessing. I will not let the number dictate my mood for the day. (At this point it's daily fluctuations since I'm pretty much at my goal weight.) If it shows a gain - no big deal, it's water weight or a phase of the moon, since the times when I skyrocket over my calorie goal are really few and far between.

For me this is healthy, because I used to have an eating disorder. I would only be happy if the scale showed a loss, and I would weigh myself uncountable times a day. *shudder.* Feels good to be healthy!
This discussion has been closed.