Grown Up Christmas List

Options

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    the pies, and of course whipped cream, go to the fire departments that service our neighborhood - for the men and women that can't be with their families on that holiday, because they're at work protecting other people that day. So that will continue as well.

I think that's a fantastic idea. I love Christmas baking, but I wasn't going to do any this year because I didn't want to eat it. I think I'll bake some and give it away to the local fire department and RCMP station.

I already told the family it was going to be a lean Christmas this year. That my Christmas was going to be Christmas Dinner as a family. Which we don't get to do often because there are two other families they need to spend time with. HA! I put my foot down this year.

As for my wishlist, some running gear, a stand for my guitar, and a new pair of black dress shoes.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i pod touch
    food scale
    new clothes
    leather coat
  • grannisue
    Options
    Besides having my family all together (just with my kids and grandkids there are 22) I want a spiritual Christmas. So much is commercialized now a days so we are doing a sub for santa to a single mom and her two kids. We will also be doing some things for the caregivers at the center my youngest (special needs) son lives at. The residents always get a lot from the community but the staff is always forgotton. They are the most amazing people I have ever met so full of love and caring. Most of the young adults who work there a lot of people would cross the street instead of passing by them. We are talking tatoos, gauged ears and strange hair but instead of judging the clients adore them and as family we do too.

I also want to sell my house and move closer to my grandkids. In this economy that is a big wish!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Because I'm the mom, I'm getting what I want for Christmas...

Before a single gift is opened in my house this year (and every year to come), we, as a family, are going to be doing volunteer work of some kind on Christmas morning. This year we're going to a nursing home to spend some time with the elderly who's family isn't with them for the holiday. My kids are going to read books to them, and we're just going to sit and talk to them and give them some company for the day.

And every year for Christmas (and Thanksgiving, too) I buy $100 worth of $5 gift cards to McDonalds and I bake 5 pumpkin pies. The gift cards get handed out to the homeless in our area and the pies, and of course whipped cream, go to the fire departments that service our neighborhood - for the men and women that can't be with their families on that holiday, because they're at work protecting other people that day. So that will continue as well.

That is awesome. I feel like an *kitten* now.

:laugh:

But seriously, that's really cool of you guys. :)

For the last 5 years all I've wanted for Christmas was to volunteer. I never want presents...if you're going to spend money on me, send it the American Cancer Society in my name.

But this idea came to me because I'm tired of how greedy my kids have gotten. I'm divorced from their father, and he likes to be the 'Disneyland Dad', so they're getting used to getting all kinds of stuff over there they know they can't get at my house. Needless to say it's producing some attitudes I don't care for. They need to see what it is to be without before they receive.

I feel like a selfish person now. But seriously..ur awesome. We need more people like you in the world.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The time every day to cook well, eat slowly, chat with MrWW, play with my dogs and give them a good snuggle before I have to flop into bed exhausted :love:
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Because I'm the mom, I'm getting what I want for Christmas...

Before a single gift is opened in my house this year (and every year to come), we, as a family, are going to be doing volunteer work of some kind on Christmas morning. This year we're going to a nursing home to spend some time with the elderly who's family isn't with them for the holiday. My kids are going to read books to them, and we're just going to sit and talk to them and give them some company for the day.

And every year for Christmas (and Thanksgiving, too) I buy $100 worth of $5 gift cards to McDonalds and I bake 5 pumpkin pies. The gift cards get handed out to the homeless in our area and the pies, and of course whipped cream, go to the fire departments that service our neighborhood - for the men and women that can't be with their families on that holiday, because they're at work protecting other people that day. So that will continue as well.

That is awesome. I feel like an *kitten* now.

:laugh:

But seriously, that's really cool of you guys. :)

thats amazing...waited a while to post mine cause i really couldnt follow your twinsanity!!!!!!

a miche purse
    and a kindle
    new nikes
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    The microchip card that will unlock my nook color into an all out tablet and a new camera! Those are the big ones lol I'm sure I could come up with lots more stuff if I thought about it :wink:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    -Kindle
    -Body Media Fit
    -Hunger Games Trilogy Kindle edition
    -SHOES
    -Cast Iron Pan and Dutch Oven
    -Various cookbooks
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    a jackpot winning lottery ticket! then i can have whatever i want!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I just want gift cards!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My DH & sons to give up smoking :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Sue :smile: x
  • luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    To stay gainfully employed.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    wrinkle cream- dr. perricone's line

shopping spree at William Sonoma's store
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    thats amazing...waited a while to post mine cause i really couldnt follow your twinsanity!!!!!!
    Haha...I'm no saint, I promise! lol Don't get me wrong...there's things in this world I want, but I tend not to want necessarily for myself. And I don't tend to want material things very often. But I do have a small wish list for Christmas, I have to because my family likes to do presents. But what I want most for Christmas is what I posted before. That's my ultimate.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    HRM
    8 and 10 pound hand weights
    new New Balance running shoes
    warmer running clothes

yeah, there's a pattern here...

OH! AND THE NEW ZELDA GAME!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I asked for a food processor. I have a blender, but I want a food processor. Terribly exciting, I know.

Our budget is pretty tight this year, so I don't think I will have any luck getting the other things I want -
    * New workout pants (I'm still making do with mostly pants that are a couple of sizes too large)
    * New tops (I have a few that fit, but not very many)
    * New bras (I only have one that is the right size)
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My sister and I have been talking about this.
    Taking our clothes that are to big down to the homeless and some dog food for there dogs.
    We don't have much money to spend and its the thought that counts
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are getting my wedding band for Christmas for me and he wants either a new cymbal for his drum set or a new iPod (his is about dead.)
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I just want to keep living my life and improving myself and my health. I want to pay off debts and stuff and get to where I wanna be.

I guess we're talking about material possessions though, I want a tablet, and probably will get one. but thats all im getting.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    to be married