High Fructose Corn Syrup = Poison

Options
Watch this video about sugar and HFC. Wow! No wonder we get fat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Alarmism at its finest.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's poison?? I must be dead.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Alarmism at its finest.

^^This.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Alarmism at its finest.
    Yep. Seems like as of late many threads of "poison" in our foods have been appearing. It's gotta be the fault of the McRib.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _JPH_
    _JPH_ Posts: 25
    Options
    What if we just call it "Corn sugar" sounds so much nicer...... Oh yeah, they are.:grumble:
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Just because you don't drop dead after one bite doesn't mean it's ok for you. Fact is HFCS is one reason so many people are obese.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've watched and read many things about HFCS. I've decided that for ME - I'm staying away from it simply because they don't know the long term affects it has on our bodies (plus, every time I eat it? I swell up like a balloon - which is what started me investigating it in the first place).

Is it poison? Probably not. But, it isn't something *I* want to consume if I can avoid it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Just because you don't drop dead after one bite doesn't mean it's ok for you. Fact is HFCS is one reason so many people are obese.
    I haven't dropped dead after consuming it for most of my life. I didn't say it was good for you, but "making you fat" does not equal "poison".
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    People are obese because of overeating. This forum could use some serious fact checking. Alarmism > peer-reviewed scientific research articles here
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    People are obese because of overeating. This forum could use some serious fact checking. Alarmism > peer-reviewed scientific research articles here

ding ding ding!
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    . Fact is HFCS is one reason so many people are obese.

Find me one example where people are consuming HFCS in a deficit and gettting fat and I'll agree with you. HFCS are being demonized when overconsumption of calories is the culprit.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked to watch later.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    HFCS usually goes hand-in-hand with overconsumption of calories. That's about as far as I'd go though.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Nobody commenting thus far has had the 90 minutes it would take to watch this video and make a judgement. Who's being alarmist here?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Nobody commenting thus far has had the 90 minutes it would take to watch this video and make a judgement. Who's being alarmist here?

90 minute video on the -internet-? If it can't be said in less than 45 seconds it belong on public access TV.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

^^This!!^^ not just this post either...
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Video upload date: 2009. It is not new.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    "Alarmist" does not mean "commenting on a concept before watching the related video". I don't need to watch a video to know that I have not yet died from 30 years of consuming this "poison".
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options

Peep the title
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    I would encourage people to read this as a counterpoint:
    http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

Alan Aragon takes a very no-nonsense approach and he's one of the industry leaders in sports nutrition. The above is his take on HFCS and SURPRISE! he talks specifically about this video.