I just ate moldy bread...am I going to DIE?!

Options

Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will die. :bigsmile:

Actually, you would be surprised to know that you actually will suck more mold spores into your lungs during the day than what what were probably on that pita bread.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Now you don't need a flu shot. :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    and this is how the zombie apocolapse starts

MayorMcPanda beat you to that one!!

thats what i get for not reading the replies lol
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We learned in Foodsafe that most molds you can SEE won't be harmful to you. They may taste horrific but aren't going to kill you, no :P It's the bacteria etc you can't see that's bad, like salmonella on meat, eggs etc.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Well if something moldy gets on my counter top, I spray it with some sort of cleaner, like 409. Maybe try drinking some if you start feeling sick?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will die. :bigsmile:

Actually, you would be surprised to know that you actually will suck more mold spores into your lungs during the day than what what were probably on that pita bread.

Sudden+realisation+Thumb+either+way+EDIT+I+apologise+for+saying+making_322ecf_2235718.jpg
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    The mold that grows on bread is used to make penicillin. You didn't even eat the moldy part. You should be fine. Just wondering though... didn't it taste a little funny?

It was dry, but I slathered it with yogurt sauce, so I missed most the bread taste. I get what you are saying. Its totally just a psychological thing. I kind of wanted to see how people would react to my dramatic title, some of the responses have me laughing out loud.

So you were trolling us with a moldy peice of pita bread?

Damn, we are easy!!! :laugh:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Was it rye? You could be in for an interesting afternoon xD

This. If you see witches just relax, they're probably not going to hurt you.

Love me some hallucinations.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Moldy bread is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse... it all starts with YOU!!
    Patient Zero!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    And now only eat 500 calories for the rest of the day. You could have invented an ingenius weight loss program.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    okay, so i saw that we've already figured out:

bread mold = penicillin.

but what i haven't seen on here yet: penicillin = antibiotic; and antibiotics can screw up birth control.

so instead of dying, you might have a baby.

alternatively, use condoms for the next week.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    oh, and as a side note, let's be honest.... how many of us knew the penicillin from bread mold thing from watching teenage mutant ninja turtles?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    okay, so i saw that we've already figured out:

bread mold = penicillin.

but what i haven't seen on here yet: penicillin = antibiotic; and antibiotics can screw up birth control.

so instead of dying, you might have a baby.

alternatively, use condoms for the next week.
    Bread mold isn't actually penicillin. Penicillin is made from it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    oh, and as a side note, let's be honest.... how many of us knew the penicillin from bread mold thing from watching teenage mutant ninja turtles?
    I knew it from going to school.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    i should have practiced my kegels.... this thread was too funny on a full bladder
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    wow, little-miss-doesn't-like jokes, let me clarify to the point of being un-funny...

i did know that penicillin was made from bread mold, i was oversimplifying in favor of brevity

and

i heard michelangelo ask, "do you like penicillin on your pizza?" long, long before i took microbiology, biochemistry, cell bio, or genetics.
  • chinadoll725
    chinadoll725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Moldy bread is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse... it all starts with YOU!!

Yeah, just remember rule #1; Cardio...
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    wow, little-miss-doesn't-like jokes, let me clarify to the point of being un-funny...

i did know that penicillin was made from bread mold, i was oversimplifying in favor of brevity

and

i heard michelangelo ask, "do you like penicillin on your pizza?" long, long before i took microbiology, biochemistry, cell bio, or genetics.
    Highfive for the TMNT quoit your now one of my heroes
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    haha some of these responses are hilarious!!!
    They are funny. And I want to applaud you, OP, for not getting bent out of shape, offended or defensive about them. Thank you.

Also, stop eating moldy bread.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I knew it from going to school.

So, you watched the Ninja Turtles at school? Cool.