Moral Dilemma

Options
ShaeDetermined
ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
So......
Hubby and I were supposed to go out for dinner and drinks with a bunch of friends tonight....
HOWEVER......
I just found out that Guns 'n Roses is playing in The Garden tonight! And there are tickets available!!!

I say we ask our friends if they want to join us in going to the concert, and if not, we reschedule dinner and drinks for another night.
My husband being the straight shooter that he is says its not right to cancel on our friends.

G 'n R or dinner with friends...c' mon! This shouldn't even be a question!!!

Help me out here....what would YOU do???

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I think if they are good friends, they will realize that GnR is in town one night while restaurants are open every night. Go to the concert with them or without them. It's their choice. It's not like you bail on them all the time (do you?).
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I say invite them and if they say no then reschedule. If they are good friends and you don't cancel on them all the time then they should understand.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Loves me some orginal GnR. But I would pick the go to dinner with friends.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Friends will be there for another day... GNR might not. Go.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Ask them, and then go. G n'R!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended if I were the friends. If you canceled to go to a movie that will be there next week, that would be an issue. But for something that is possibly a one-time deal and there's no way to reschedule, I'd give you my blessing.

And if I liked the band, I'd join you.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    funny-celebrity-pictures-axl-rose-little-debbie.jpg

Axl is washed up I say go to dinner
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm a concert junkie, so of course my answer would be G&R. I would say invite your friends, and if that doesn't work out, make those plans for another night.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I say invite them and if they say no then reschedule. If they are good friends and you don't cancel on them all the time then they should understand.

This.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I would choose G n R hands down... can always reschedule dinner.
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... this is kind of tricky because although seeing the band is a rare opportunity (and your friends might understand), you don't know what they put aside in order to make plans with you and your husband. Canceling on them the afternoon of could be considered rude. Contact your friends asap and let them know you have a suggestion about seeing Guns N' Roses, and ask if they're interested. If they are, great! If they don't want to go to the concert, then it might be wise to just keep your plans (i.e., keep your friends). :wink:
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    What would Axl do?....do that!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended if I were the friends. If you canceled to go to a movie that will be there next week, that would be an issue. But for something that is possibly a one-time deal and there's no way to reschedule, I'd give you my blessing.

And if I liked the band, I'd join you.

I agree!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Go to the concert definitely!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Genuine friends would understand. I had a similar dilemma this week - we were due to go to friends for dinner this Saturday but other friends have decided to come to London all the way from Manchester just for a couple of days and they want to see us on Saturday. I explained the situation to my good friend and she was absolutely fine about it and rearranged dinner to the following week.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    GNR no question about it! Must say I am SUPER JEALOUS!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'd say talk them into going. However if they won't I'd keep my plans with them. Always best to keep your word in my opinion.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If I were the friends, I would gladly go to the concert!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    So......
    Hubby and I were supposed to go out for dinner and drinks with a bunch of friends tonight....
    HOWEVER......
    I just found out that Guns 'n Roses is playing in The Garden tonight! And there are tickets available!!!

I say we ask our friends if they want to join us in going to the concert, and if not, we reschedule dinner and drinks for another night.
    My husband being the straight shooter that he is says its not right to cancel on our friends.

G 'n R or dinner with friends...c' mon! This shouldn't even be a question!!!

Help me out here....what would YOU do???

Several people have mentioned that the concert was horrible.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    GNR with no Slash is like seeing the movie "Amadeus" with no music.