Moral Dilemma

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Two issues here.

The most important is between you and your husband.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Dinner.. relationships means more..
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    no brainer...

you can do dinner anytime...

PS - if they don't want to go...I will....
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    GNR 20+ years ago? Hell yea! Current lineup, no way...some people, Axl Rose, just need to know when to say when.
    Dinner with friends.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    funny-celebrity-pictures-axl-rose-little-debbie.jpg

Axl is washed up I say go to dinner

Oh, dear. On second thought, maybe GNR is better being heard and not seen. He has an appetite for more than just destruction now.
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    funny-celebrity-pictures-axl-rose-little-debbie.jpg

Axl is washed up I say go to dinner

Oh, dear. On second thought, maybe GNR is better being heard and not seen. He has an appetite for more than just destruction now.

ROFL! He needs an account on MFP.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If it was GNR back then.. I would say.. screw dinner go to the concert!!

Now... I'm not too sure I'd go.. LOL
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Two issues here.

Thank you. I was reading through the responses to see if anyone else picked up on this. The husband's opinion that you need to keep your plans can't just be discounted.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I go to concerts all the time...a few months without one and I freak out.

BUT

GnR isnt good anymore anyway.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    So......
    Hubby and I were supposed to go out for dinner and drinks with a bunch of friends tonight....
    HOWEVER......
    I just found out that Guns 'n Roses is playing in The Garden tonight! And there are tickets available!!!

I say we ask our friends if they want to join us in going to the concert, and if not, we reschedule dinner and drinks for another night.
    My husband being the straight shooter that he is says its not right to cancel on our friends.

G 'n R or dinner with friends...c' mon! This shouldn't even be a question!!!

Help me out here....what would YOU do???

After the experience I had going to see GnR last year, I say go to dinner and don't bother with the concert.

The concert lasted a full 15 or 20 minutes until Mr "High and Mighty, I'm a superstar, worship and adore me" Axl Rose stormed off the stage.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Two issues here.

Thank you. I was reading through the responses to see if anyone else picked up on this. The husband's opinion that you need to keep your plans can't just be discounted.

Absolutely....now, if we were talking Huey Lewis, then it's a whole 'nother ballgame............

:wink:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Two issues here.

Absolutely.
    Neither one of us was making a decision without the other.

In the end, his morals won out.
    and this is why I love him so much, he is a better person than I am. Hands down.

We asked our friends, and since not all of them were able to (or wanted to) make it we kept our plans as is.

So we will go out to dinner as planned....
    and I will have an extra drink (or 2) so I don't spend the night thinking about the concert!

Thank you all for your opinions - especially those who pointed out they may not be as good as I remember!!!
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    So......
    Hubby and I were supposed to go out for dinner and drinks with a bunch of friends tonight....
    HOWEVER......
    I just found out that Guns 'n Roses is playing in The Garden tonight! And there are tickets available!!!

I say we ask our friends if they want to join us in going to the concert, and if not, we reschedule dinner and drinks for another night.
    My husband being the straight shooter that he is says its not right to cancel on our friends.

G 'n R or dinner with friends...c' mon! This shouldn't even be a question!!!

Help me out here....what would YOU do???

Nothing wrong with asking for a raincheck...just don't lie about what you are wanting to do. Be truthful, and up front. If they are really your 'friends' .. they will understand, and may even want to go with you. I would never begrudge a friend (or anyone for that matter) a rare opportunity like that.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Just wait a couple of years you will probably be able to see them at a state fair for free.

Such a waste of potential, I saw them in the 80's opening for Motley Crue = AWESOME!!!!

I got to see them again on their Use Your Illusion tour and witnessed Axl have a fit and walk off stage while they were performing Patience.