Are you a follower or leader?

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Don't choose it but people look to me to lead. I wear a T for "target" when ever a project is forming, just the way it is and no idea why (except that I get it done!!!! Secret is I use the KISS principle of "keep it stupidly simple"). Truth
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    I'm a do-what-I-want'er.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Neither. I'm a loner.

Aye.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Neither. :bigsmile:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Just something I have been thinking of today. I see a lot of people who view themselves as leaders and that feel they are in their rightful position to have followers. There are \ also people who don't mind following someone whether their aware of it or not.

Me personally, I am neither. I feel uncomfortable when people try to follow me and being a follower is/will never be my cup of tea. I like doing things differently from everyone else whether or not someone is agrees with me and I always stand strong behind it.

Would you say your a follower or leader? Why?

I'm a leader, or at least that's what my grade school teachers told me. Something about the rest of the class looking to me when the fire alarms went off. Not sure I'm good at being a leader though, I get distracted easily. I do my own thing most of the time.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Hmmm, interesting.............haven't thought about this in a while.........

WAIT, WAIT.........HERE'S A TEST!

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?action=go_detail&sub_action=take&obj_id=104218&take_again=yes

:blushing: :blushing: Here's my results :blushing: :blushing:

Are you destined to be a Leader or a Follower?
    Intermediate Individual

O.k. So, you are the type that would prefer not to be constantly in the eye of the public but, every now and then, you like to take a bite of that sweet leadership pie! You have been known to lead when you are standing up for things you believe in but, you will usually follow when you reach a certain point that you know you cannot get past. Good for you, you're a unique individual!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    I will lead if I am expected to and/or qualified to lead, or it's a cause I really believe in and I want to lead. I will follow if I trust the leader, or have to follow (job, etc.) There are people I respect a great deal who are experts at things I know little about. Depending on the level of trust, I might even follow blindly. There are people on MFP that I would take advice from without questioning it.

I probably lean more towards leader, but that answer is likely ego-driven. If someone demonstrates better leadership or a group democratically decides on a better leader, I'm OK "handing the reigns over." I am comfortable following a trusted skilled leader.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    I can lead myself usually. But I screw that up from time to time.

I'm pretty self-impressed, and confident. So I trust my own leadership...

A leader must have followers, by definition.
    A follower must have a leader, by definition.

What's the question again?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    A leader, I've always been more comfortable taking charge whether it be organizing projects/events, leading co-workers or just cutting the dam cake when we celebrate something in the office and every stands around looking at the dam thing, ha ha!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    As an educator, I would say I'm a leader. I want to be a leader, an example to my students. I want to stand up for what I believe in, and never be forgettable. Lol, I'm really easy going, and I do support other leaders, so If that makes me a follower, than I can be a follower too. :D
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    A good leader must be a good follower. A good leader is usually just really good at getting the right people gathered together to reach his goal.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    364 days a year I am a Leader.

On Black Friday I am a follower. I follow my wife and daughters around the wall while they try to determine how many bags and how much weight I can carry.
  • I say that everyone has attributes of both positions. Even leaders followed and learned from other leaders at some point.
  • 364 days a year I am a Leader.

On Black Friday I am a follower. I follow my wife and daughters around the wall while they try to determine how many bags and how much weight I can carry.

Funny and true.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    I am somewhere in the middle... and right now I feel like I'm neither... I'm more on an island at the moment, and it's a lonely and forlorn place to be. Luckily, it's not like this every day by any means... just lately.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Both. When I need to be the leader, I will. I'm always happy to follow if I trust the leader, though. Same with being a Chief or an Indian. Sometimes I need to be the Chief, but sometimes it sure is nice to just be an Indian.
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Neither. I have no desire to lead, and I really dislike following.

^^^ this!
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    I like to take charge and sometimes I just like to sit back and watch..(thats the sociologist in me)...but as a single mother of two I have to say I am a leader. It's my job to lead them in life to be awesome people. I'm often the leader among friends and family. I think it just runs in my blood. :wink: But hey, if you want to do all the work while I sit and sip my margarita, please, go right ahead.:drinker:
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    I'm a helper, so whatever is needed to get the job done. I'm not a great leader, but I also hate people telling me what to do. However, if you present the problem, I'll help you fix it, whether that being the grunt work or the CEO.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    just a curious bit of pondering here..... to those who said ^^THIS to not being either, doesn't that somewhat make you a follower? Thoughts?