Ice Cream!

Options
2»

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I eat a cup of ice cream at least 4 nights a week... often more.

I like the Dreyers Slow Churned Light (1/2 fat), Dreyer's Yogurt Blends, and Safeway's Light (1/2 fat) ice creams. Sometimes I even splurge and have Ben & Jerry's.

As long as it's not your primary source of nutrition and fits in your calorie goal, ice cream is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    eat the ice cream...protein and calcium, you could choose worse then that.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is a weakness of mine too- I like to enjoy it in moderation.

That being said, I've tried some really delicious chocolate yogurts and tonight I enjoyed a cup of Skinny Cow Cookies & Cream at 150 for the cup.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I say totally go for it! As soon as I saw the topic I thought yeah someone after my own heart...ice-cream. Since losing weight I've been much better not eating ice-cream. I've been even trying not to keep it in the house. Now it can come back in the house w/o wanting it every night for a snack. I wonder if others here know of some brands with less calories. Last night, I ate my 1/2 cup of Friendlys ice-cream, and it was soo very good!! It's not like you're indulging in that every night. Remember you are enjoying it as a treat. This healthy way of living is not to deprive us of food, but to learn moderation. Enjoy your ice-cream and don't let anyone tell you different.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm not kidding at all when I say that I've drastically increased my ice cream intake over the past week. I eat 1.5 to 2 cups on average (3 to 4 servings). (And most of it is at night... my MFP friends have to suffer through me broadcasting this every time I do it).

I am still losing fat, because by the end of the day, I'm in a calorie deficit. Now with that, I'm also hitting my p/f minimums, and I'm also eating fruits/vegetables/fish/meat/etc and not exclusively eating "junk food".

I would encourage you to enjoy whatever treats you want, just do it while nailing your macros day in and day out and you'll not only make progress, you'll be HAPPY.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just had some tonight actually :) Yum!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    I'm not kidding at all when I say that I've drastically increased my ice cream intake

SS, the Ice Cream God!!! lol!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm not kidding at all when I say that I've drastically increased my ice cream intake

SS, the Ice Cream God!!! lol!

^ Acg67 consumes far more ice cream than I do, I think. But, I think he's been on a bulk for a while. When december hits, look out. Ice Cream will be regularly funneled into the pie hole on a nightly basis then.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is a great treat. I usually don't keep it in the house (save for last weekend when I bought some Penn State Creamery ice cream as part of a fundraiser) but I love to go try new and exotic flavors from different shops in the area. I also like gelato from a local place. It's fine as long as fits into your daily total.