Chia Seeds: My little secret.

Options
124»

Replies

• jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I decided to try chia seeds after reading these posts. Someone on here mentioned the website nutsonline.com so I browsed through there and found an item they offered called chia seed energy bars. I perused the ingredients and decided to concoct my own recipe. Here's what I used:
    chopped dates, unsulphured dried apricots, raisins, roasted salted cashews, roasted salted sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, tahini, cinnamon and cacao powder.

I chopped, pulverized, mixed, pressed onto a cookie sheet and chilled. They're actually pretty good and are holding together pretty well.

thanks for the idea!
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I decided to try chia seeds after reading these posts. Someone on here mentioned the website nutsonline.com so I browsed through there and found an item they offered called chia seed energy bars. I perused the ingredients and decided to concoct my own recipe. Here's what I used:
    chopped dates, unsulphured dried apricots, raisins, roasted salted cashews, roasted salted sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, tahini, cinnamon and cacao powder.

I chopped, pulverized, mixed, pressed onto a cookie sheet and chilled. They're actually pretty good and are holding together pretty well.

thanks for the idea!

sounds really tasty!
  • eeebee
    Options
    PS> can anybody tell me which Chia seeds are considered better (in effectiveness and in taste), white or dark?? I want to order some online and see if they work for me. Thanks
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!! I will definietly try these out.. Why not!
  • eeebee
    Options
    PS> can anybody tell me which Chia seeds are considered better (in effectiveness and in taste), white or dark?? I want to order some online and see if they work for me. Thanks

Anyone? :embarassed:

I want to order a 2lb bag to try it out - dark or white seeds - anyone know the different benefits, if any?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    No difference as far a I know.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    No difference as far as I know.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Does one turn it into a gel first and then add to things? thanks...Jo:bigsmile:
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the dark was better.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about them! Thank you for sharing I plan on buying some soon.
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Anyone? :embarassed:

I want to order a 2lb bag to try it out - dark or white seeds - anyone know the different benefits, if any?

There is more protein in white seeds, but more fiber in dark seeds.
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for putting this as a post and a big thanks to all those that replied. I found it to be very informative and you all have convinced me that this is something I should try!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Love chia seeds! I sprinkle a tablespoon of them into my plain greek yogurt with bananas and sliced almonds every morning. Very filling :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    mmmm slimy... yuck
  • veggieburger1
    veggieburger1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i loooove chia seeds. i have them most mornings for breakfast when i make chocolate overnight oatmeal (so filling and seriously tastes like chocolate-banana tapioca-y pudding!) you can throw it together in 5 minutes the night before you want to eat it and basically all you need is:
    1 banana, mashed
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    1 cup milk (i'm vegan so i use light soy milk)
    1/3 cup oats
    1 tbsp chia seeds

throw it all together and mix it up, put it in the fridge overnight (or for at least 3 hrs) and voila! a delicious and filling breakfast! try it and i'm pretty sure you'll love it!