Fast food CAN be good

Options
13»

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like McDonalds hamburgers and double hamburgers. I eat them often. Also their ice cream cones are 150 calories.
    Their grilled chicken sandwiches are good too.
    I had a chef's choice from Burger King the other day. Best fast food hamburger I've ever had. Included bacon.
    Whoppers are good too.
    Subway is good.
    Wendy's Apple Pecan Salad is AMAZING.
    Again, good grilled chicken, yummy spicy sauce.
    Papa Murhpy's delite pizzas are also really good (although this isn't really "Fast food").
    Chipotle / Qdoba chicken tacos.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    OOO I can't wait to go to AZ in the spring with my BF> The first place we are stopping is In N Out! We are huge Lebowski fans and have been dying to go there, none in Indiana...

To me, In n Out and White Castle are the West and East cult classics of fast food! :)

Love White Castle.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5 guys fan.. Love their burgers and fries.

Culvers is also another favorite of mine.. Worked there for 4 years during high school and college, and nothing will ever replace a butter burger and cheese curds in my heart. Plus their Custard is amazing.

Not a huge Chipolte fan.. but I like Moe's a lot. Their Steak Taco and Queso is quite good.

Also loving Jersey Mikes over any other sub place any day. Fresh cut meats and cheeses is def. the way to go.

A Culvers just opened locally. Exactly WHAT is a butter burger?

MMM Culvers! Butter burgers are exatcly what they soudn like. Melter butter all over the bun then toasted.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I dunno I was always instilled with the "fast food is a treat not a staple" mentality. Still stays with me.

Maybe it's not fair to lump places like Panera and Saladworks into fast food, but they fall under my definition of "order food at counter, pick up food at end of counter, EAT, be on your way" mentality.

There are a lot of places that do serve quality meals around 400-600 calories, which is better than many traditional restaurant chains, depending. There's also a lot of small, local joints I've tried and enjoyed as well. The majority of the time when I eat fast food - I'm in an airport waiting on a flight, gnawing my arm off hungry or in between .

(I write food reviews on the side. If I got a little defense with whatever you posted, well, that's why. I get a little smug sometimes.)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    OOO I can't wait to go to AZ in the spring with my BF> The first place we are stopping is In N Out! We are huge Lebowski fans and have been dying to go there, none in Indiana...

To me, In n Out and White Castle are the West and East cult classics of fast food! :)

Love White Castle.

One just opened this week in Allentown. It appears to have a strong love-hate relationship with the local populace already.
  • nedrafae
    Options
    McDonalds makes me really sick too! And I think In N Out has the best burgers, I'm kind of lucky they only had one here for 4 months or I might be in trouble.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Love White Castle.

One just opened this week in Allentown. It appears to have a strong love-hate relationship with the local populace already.

The first day they had lines out the door and people waiting 30-40 minutes to place an order lol. I wish they would open one here in Philadelphia [near where I live of course!] I lived in NY all my life so I was always at White Castle <3 God how I miss their mozzo sticks and fries.
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    In my usual fashion of being ornery...I love this topic! :tongue:

Delish:

Carl's Jr has the best swiss-mushroom burger EVER!!! But its so huge I can hardly finish it! I always say Carl's Jr is a guys place, since the burgers are so huge. :wink:
    Sonic - burgeres, cherry Limeade...
    Burker King's Whopper. Mmm.
    Can we say...BIG MAC, anyone!?!? (ok, I'll shut up)
    Pizza Hut
    Long John Silvers I love ANY and ALL seafood
    Chik-fil-A (ate there like once)

Never tried most fast food places. I grew up rarely eating fast food, and rarely have money to now - but I like most fast food. probably cause I never had it much till the last few years. Eating wholesome from-scratch food has had the opposite effect on me than most people - made me tired of it, and LOVE LOVE fast food. I still eat 98% homecooked, though. :drinker: Now I want a Sonic burger with a side of onion rings! :happy: no chance - I live 25 miles from town....
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    OMG! In n Out all the way and if I had one sitting in front of me I would eat it...double double! Haven't had one in over 15 years since I moved out of Cali :,(
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but Whataburger has the best burgers. I am not a fast food fan and don't really find anything delicious as I can make it better at my home and have it the way I want it. My preferred burger would be with avocado, jalapenos, jack chz, bbq sauce, romaine lettuce, tomato. Bam!!
  • trybefan
    Options
    In my usual fashion of being ornery...I love this topic! :tongue:

Delish:

Carl's Jr has the best swiss-mushroom burger EVER!!! But its so huge I can hardly finish it! I always say Carl's Jr is a guys place, since the burgers are so huge. :wink:
    Sonic - burgeres, cherry Limeade...
    Burker King's Whopper. Mmm.
    Can we say...BIG MAC, anyone!?!? (ok, I'll shut up)
    Pizza Hut
    Long John Silvers I love ANY and ALL seafood
    Chik-fil-A (ate there like once)

Never tried most fast food places. I grew up rarely eating fast food, and rarely have money to now - but I like most fast food. probably cause I never had it much till the last few years. Eating wholesome from-scratch food has had the opposite effect on me than most people - made me tired of it, and LOVE LOVE fast food. I still eat 98% homecooked, though. :drinker: Now I want a Sonic burger with a side of onion rings! :happy: no chance - I live 25 miles from town....

Carls Jr does rock too! I grew up in Cali and remember the crinkle fries they used (?) to serve. They are called Hardee's out here in MO not nearly as good
  • trybefan
    Options
    OMG! In n Out all the way and if I had one sitting in front of me I would eat it...double double! Haven't had one in over 15 years since I moved out of Cali :,(

I made a road trip with a buddy to Vegas in 06 and we stopped at a In and Out right outside of LV. It was his first time, and the memories came flooding back for me. I don't understnad why FF joints don't cut their veggies fresh like IN and OUT does, that make the difference.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories are in a Johnny's Hots Hot Sausage Fish Cake Combo with pepper hash and mustard, but I do know I burn 200 calories biking there.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Genos? Awww seriously? :laugh: :laugh: I cast my vote for Rick's... or swinging the other way John's Roast Pork. :wink:

Have you heard of / tried "Elevation Burger" yet? One just opened down the street from me but I haven't managed to get there yet. Everything is supposed to be fresh ground and grass fed.

John's Roast Pork (both the roast pork and the steak...yum...it's the only actual STEAK I like in Philly) or D'Allessandro's in Roxborough for a banging chicken philly, extra hot relish.

Down in NC, we have a chain called Cook-Out that is AWESOME. I love their cajun chicken sandwich as well as their steak style burgers, and it's really the only fast food place I ever get sweet tea to drink. Ever.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Genos? Awww seriously? :laugh: :laugh: I cast my vote for Rick's... or swinging the other way John's Roast Pork. :wink:

Have you heard of / tried "Elevation Burger" yet? One just opened down the street from me but I haven't managed to get there yet. Everything is supposed to be fresh ground and grass fed.

John's Roast Pork (both the roast pork and the steak...yum...it's the only actual STEAK I like in Philly) or D'Allessandro's in Roxborough for a banging chicken philly, extra hot relish.

Down in NC, we have a chain called Cook-Out that is AWESOME. I love their cajun chicken sandwich as well as their steak style burgers, and it's really the only fast food place I ever get sweet tea to drink. Ever.