What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I am NOT a morning person, it is a real struggle to get me up and out of bed everyday. I'm just slow in the morning. I do eat breakfast, but it's usually at my desk and it consists of some combination of fresh fruit, Chobani yogurt, whole grain toast, instant oatmeal and Fiber One bars. On the weekends I eat Fiber One Cereal or I'll make an omelette and hashbrowns.

What is your favorite weekday and weekend breakfast? I need some quick and easy breakfast ideas that I can eat at my desk at work...

Happy Friday!!! :)

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    A couple of string cheese or a banana with peanut butter. I eat at my desk too, after enjoying my coffee, which wakes me up a bit.:smile:
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I eat similar breakfasts (at my desk) during the week. The only additional thing I do is that I like to hard boil some eggs on Sunday night. Then in the morning I can just grab one out of the fridge. I either eat them as is or I will slice them and put them on a piece of toast. I eat the whites and the yolks as I do not have problems with cholesterol and like the extra nutrients a yolk has. But if you aren't a yolk person you could easily discard the yolk.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    my new current favorite is a half cup of cottage cheese, half cup of kashi go lean cereal and a half cup of pomegranite seeds. i eat breakfast at my desk too.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I generally have Kashi heart to heart cereal, 1/2 c of either blueberries, strawberries or a banana, and 1/4 c of 2% milk.

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I pretty much have the same breakfast every day: a slice of bread from my bread machine (which is more like 1.5 slices of commercial bread) with 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A poached egg, a pear, and a cup of tea. I always need that slight protein kick first thing in the AM to hold me through until lunch.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Eggs is the only correct answer, unless it's the occasional steak.
  • romping
    romping Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    They say that it is important to eat high protein breakfast within 30 minutes of waking to get your metabolism working.

I eat eggs, bacon, cheese and vegetables every morning.

Works for me. Keeps me full all morning.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, leftover seafood laksa. The day before, a kangaroo sausage and a cup of coffee.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i will usually put mine together the day before or do it quick in the morning

microwaved egg w/fetta cheese and spinach

eggs, whole wheat toast + coffee

juevos rancheros mmmm

refried beans, eggs and whole wheat toast

1 whole wheat pancake w/agave nectar and milk

cereal w/ sliced strawberries, flaxseed and milk

1/2 cup granola, fresh berries, almonds and yogurt-make into a parfait

i usually eat all that at my desk!! most of the time i just bring an egg and put those things in the night before, then nuke the egg in the microwave or cook it a little the night before then nuke it in the morning when i'm ready to devour it.

i'm the same way in the morning about not wanting to wake up, so again, just do it the night before!!!! it really helps you to ufnction through the next morning after you eat
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Protein shake... each and every day! Nom Nom
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    They say that it is important to eat high protein breakfast within 30 minutes of waking to get your metabolism working.

"They" say a lot.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Usually it's a shake, or some bar/yogurt at my desk, but today I went all out with 1 morning star sausage patti, 1 strawberry eggo, 1 egg, toast, and a cup of fat free milk. LOL, I needed it after my first work out w/ ms. Jillian Michaels. :0
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave? As an occasional treat, I like to get those frozen Jimmy Dean reduced fat croissants with egg white and turkey sausage. Can't have 'em all the time, because of the sodium; but every now and then, they give a nice change of pace. If they're thawed, 57 seconds at high power is about right; if not, it'll take a bit longer. For me, they're always thawed, because I take them out of the freezer the night before, when I'm packing my breakfast and lunch for the next day, so they're in the refrigerator overnight.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Nearly everyday I eat oatmeal-the plain jane oats kind. Real exciting I know!! Somedays it's plain, somedays I add peanut butter. It goes well with my coffee and holds me over until Lunch. Easy to make and eat at my desk, so works well for me.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since I started working out in the am, I have eaten breakfast every morning and its great! It is a dippy egg and one slice of toast. It works for me. Keeps me full most of the morning. On the weekends, I usually cook the breakfast but don't eat it, but am trying to change that. I also enjoy some bagels and cream cheese. But the bagels I have are HUGE in calories, so I need find better ones.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

"They" say a lot.

Yes, "they" certainly do.
    Your pic is making me giddy like a schoolgirl
    :blushing:

LOL
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Almost every morning I have a sausage and spinach omelet. The thought of cooked spinach disgusted me but was looking for a way to sneak some vegetables in so gave it a try. Now I can go without it, it is strange it almost extends the eggs and does not have the slimy texture you would think it would. See below for some delicious pictures...

http://www.fatguyweightloss.com/sausage-and-spinach-omelet/
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    i will usually put mine together the day before or do it quick in the morning

microwaved egg w/fetta cheese and spinach

eggs, whole wheat toast + coffee

juevos rancheros mmmm

refried beans, eggs and whole wheat toast

1 whole wheat pancake w/agave nectar and milk

cereal w/ sliced strawberries, flaxseed and milk

1/2 cup granola, fresh berries, almonds and yogurt-make into a parfait

i usually eat all that at my desk!! most of the time i just bring an egg and put those things in the night before, then nuke the egg in the microwave or cook it a little the night before then nuke it in the morning when i'm ready to devour it.

i'm the same way in the morning about not wanting to wake up, so again, just do it the night before!!!! it really helps you to ufnction through the next morning after you eat

This-Yum!