Replies

• WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    mainly eggs poached on toast yum
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I like to make 3 scrambled eggs with a serving of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles and a few jalapeno peppers. It sounds like a lot of work, but I make mine in less than 10 minutes and am on the road. I heat it up and eat at my desk.

Another option is Greek Yogurt with berries (I do either strawberries or raspberries).

Both have lots of protein and keep me full until lunch!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I eat fresh plums for breakfast.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    They say that it is important to eat high protein breakfast within 30 minutes of waking to get your metabolism working.

"They" say a lot.

Yes "they" do, sometime "they" are actually right...guess it depends on who "they" are :)
  • Ernestern
    Ernestern Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Typically I'm very bad about eating breakfast, but since I keep hearing that eating something first thing in the morning helps get your metabolism going I've been giving it a try.

I've been eating about 200-300 calories of something high in fiber (typically some whole wheat toast or English muffin with just a little bit of spread) with a cold glass of water then I nurse a large cup of coffee for the remainder of the morning.

While I don't feel any less hungry than what is typical for me throughout the day, my weight loss does seem to be just a bit higher on weeks I do eat breakfast than those I don't.
  • romping
    romping Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    si
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I eat one plain strawberry eggo waffle and a cup of coffee every single morning for breakfast. Has nothing to do with health or energy, it's just what I like. One plain strawberry eggo waffle.
  • Miss1V
    Options
    I love breakfest!!
    I wake up hungry and must eat a mean breakfest. But i used to be more like you. i found it hard to eat in the morning. I started out eating foods like toast with apple butter and cottage cheese. basically easy foods to get me used to eating in the morning. after a while breakfest became a must. Now some of my favorite breakfest meals are egg whites with a serrano n onions, soyrizo on a corn tortilla with beans, and pb-n- j. :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Yes, "they" certainly do.
    Your pic is making me giddy like a schoolgirl
    :blushing:

LOL

LOL, thanks
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Referring people to previous threads is only appropriate when all the answers from the new/repeated thread are likely to be the same as all the answers from the previous threads. Such as "Why eat my exercise calories?" or "What does bump mean?" or "Has anyone tried HcG?". In this instance, every single person on the planet has potential for eating different substances for breakfast and all the answers have potential for being dramatically different than from previous threads. Especially since "what is in" breakfast trends change so rapidly. So don't be a d*ck.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    If it's the weekend, I love a full breakfast with eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, and toast. The chance of me having that is pretty slim and happens maybe once every other month. A girl can dream.

On a regular basis...IF I eat breakfast it can be anything from scrambled eggs, a protein shake, a bagel and cream cheese, a slice of pizza, leftovers from the night before....pretty much whatever I can get my hands on and have time to eat it. =)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Yes "they" do, sometime "they" are actually right...guess it depends on who "they" are :)

True. In this specific case, however, "they" are full of it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    On weekdays (work days) I have a glass of chocolate soy milk. On the weekends I usually have a frozen whole grain waffle with peanut or soynut butter and maple syrup. I work out in the evenings on weekdays and in the morning on weekends.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If I dont have time before work to make breakfast then I pack my oatmeal the night before. In a tupperware, I put 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 scoop whey protein, and 2 Tbsp PB2. Then in the morning I just heat up water, add it to my oatmeal, put the cap on and let it cook for 3-4 minutes...then eat and enjoy!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Kroger Active Lifestyle - Instant Oatmeal - Chai Apple (1/2 a packet)
    Calories 170
    Sodium 135 mg
    Total Fat 3 g
    Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 1 g
    Total Carbs 29 g
    Polyunsaturated
    1 g Dietary Fiber 7 g
    Monounsaturated 1 g
    Sugars 4 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 8 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Mixed with
    Fred Meyer Carbmaster - Blackberry Yogurt

*Fred Meyer Carbmaster - Blackberry Yogurt

Fred Meyer Carbmaster - Blackberry Yogurt

Servings:

Calories 60 Sodium 100 mg
    Total Fat 2 g Potassium 140 mg
    Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 4 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 8 g
    Cholesterol 10 mg
    I really had a craving for yogurt and granola and this was the best without going over on sugar. Carbmaster saved my yogurt loving butt!
  • montana480
    Options
    Protein Shake --- Almond milk, 1/2 banana, 2 tsp yogurt, handful of blueberries, and Whey Protein Powder, and Ice for a great smoothie. Every day!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a morning person, it is a real struggle to get me up and out of bed everyday. I'm just slow in the morning. I do eat breakfast, but it's usually at my desk and it consists of some combination of fresh fruit, Chobani yogurt, whole grain toast, instant oatmeal and Fiber One bars. On the weekends I eat Fiber One Cereal or I'll make an omelette and hashbrowns.

What is your favorite weekday and weekend breakfast? I need some quick and easy breakfast ideas that I can eat at my desk at work...

Happy Friday!!! :)

Fat free cottage cheese to swap out with yogurt every few mornings so you get variety? Just slice the fruit and bag it, tupperware a serving a FF cottage cheese and grab it to go on your way out. Whole wheat bagel thins with sliced tomatoes, reduced fat cheese. If you have a microwave at work and a microwave bacon cooker, you could just pack soy bacon to go along with any of my other suggestions.

On the weekend I love pancakes or french toast. Can be a calorie bomb, but they are actually very good without syrup, so skip that and only have one piece. I recently made a pumpkin pie and had leftover filling. Saved it for the weekend, dipped sourdough into the pumpkin mixture and cooked it like french toast... Delicious!
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've had yogurt with frozen fruit or post shredded wheat and some fruit so far.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Everything and anything!

Almonds
    Fruit of any kind
    String cheese
    Eggs
    Protein shake
    Oatmeal - my fave is Better n' Oats, they make these nifty little packets that you can measure the water in! I keep those in my desk at all times with a tupperware

Of course I have a cup of coffee to go with any of the above :drinker:
  • ritzl
    ritzl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast. It's delicious and filling for just about 300 calories.

3 egg whites
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    pumpkin pie spice, or allspice or cinnamon

Mix together, heat and spray skillet with your favorite cooking spray, and cook thoroughly. Measure out 2 tablespoons of your favorite lite pancake syrup and spread around.