Sterotypes that actually fit you

Options

Replies

• RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious...

I am a woman - I am a horrible driver.. I will do anything to not have to drive on the freeway. I am moody and passive aggressive. I assure my boyfriend that 'I'm FINE!' when I am very angry.

I am australian - I swim well, wear sunscreen religiously and say 'no worries' (and really mean it) a lot.

I am scottish by descent - I drink scotch neat and can outdrink men twice my weight. I like custard and boiled puddings.

I am white - I can't dance to save my life.

I am a scientist - I only use the word 'significant' in the statistical context, and have trouble stating any definite assertion without adding suggests/is plausible/evidence shows/may be linked... etc.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    i am 40 & I think I just might really be a cougar.
    Nothing wrong with that! At least not in my opinion.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm Italian and i talk with my hands... a lot.

LMAO!

My husband fits the Italian stereotype to a T: he is short, super hairy, has black hair/brown eyes, has a Boston accent somehow and he's from Idaho, talks A LOT with his hands, only knows how to make Italian dishes like spaghetti, pasta stuff, and Caesar salads, aaaaaaannnnnndddd he's Roman Catholic. LOL! PLUS he wants to wear a fedora like his dad. >_>

I'm a woman... I LOVE cooking every night for my hubby, cleaning the house, and I'm going into a generic female role of being an accountant. I also absolutely love the color pink. I make my husband do the yard work, trash, and clean out gross stuff like the clogged disposal. I know nothing about guns. I'm obsessed about being clean and organized. I memorize all types of information like addresses, phone numbers, social security #s and appointments and my husband forgets it all.

I do break the stereotype very well though... I don't wear dresses hardly at all, nor make up, or perfume. It takes me forever to do my hair though which must always been maintained for some reason.

I'm Irish and I LOVE my beer! I don't like Guiness though... I had a bad party drunk type experience from that. I also have a VERY Irish name and am absolutely proud of it. Obviously my husband has a very Italian name and it's taken some getting used to but thankfully it flows well plus Italian names are hot!

I'm a nerd. I play World of Warcraft, I own a light saber and a Darth Vader spatula, I have a star trek poster on the ceiling, and I wear glasses! I prefer math over anything else in the world and absolutely despise subjective things like art/literature. Even though I do appreciate being creative. I just hate liberal arts classes. I'm also married to a DND nerd that works for Hewlett Packard as a server admin. LOL! Totally nerdy.
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am a New Yorker... I walk and talk fast.

Me too! Although I live in TX now. LOL!!! The Texans here love my "accent" and ask me why I'm always in a hurry.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm a male who is a pervert and proud of it
    :laugh:
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    My purse weighs a ton and I don't use anything in it except for my wallet

I've actually had this convo with my hubby on several occasions. I need all the other stuff "Just in case"
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    I dont' think this is up here yet but it should be so here it is.

I am a woman and I am always right.

This isn't a stereotype- it's a universal truth

LOL
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    Female and have an deep (deep!) affinity for shoes. I also don't understand why people can't follow my line of thinking when I have been so incredibly vague in my converstation with them.

Haha. So true!
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm Italian and i talk with my hands... a lot.

LMAO!

My husband fits the Italian stereotype to a T: he is short, super hairy, has black hair/brown eyes, has a Boston accent somehow and he's from Idaho, talks A LOT with his hands, only knows how to make Italian dishes like spaghetti, pasta stuff, and Caesar salads, aaaaaaannnnnndddd he's Roman Catholic. LOL! PLUS he wants to wear a fedora like his dad. >_>

I'm a woman... I LOVE cooking every night for my hubby, cleaning the house, and I'm going into a generic female role of being an accountant. I also absolutely love the color pink. I make my husband do the yard work, trash, and clean out gross stuff like the clogged disposal. I know nothing about guns. I'm obsessed about being clean and organized. I memorize all types of information like addresses, phone numbers, social security #s and appointments and my husband forgets it all.

I do break the stereotype very well though... I don't wear dresses hardly at all, nor make up, or perfume. It takes me forever to do my hair though which must always been maintained for some reason.

I'm Irish and I LOVE my beer! I don't like Guiness though... I had a bad party drunk type experience from that. I also have a VERY Irish name and am absolutely proud of it. Obviously my husband has a very Italian name and it's taken some getting used to but thankfully it flows well plus Italian names are hot!

I'm a nerd. I play World of Warcraft, I own a light saber and a Darth Vader spatula, I have a star trek poster on the ceiling, and I wear glasses! I prefer math over anything else in the world and absolutely despise subjective things like art/literature. Even though I do appreciate being creative. I just hate liberal arts classes. I'm also married to a DND nerd that works for Hewlett Packard as a server admin. LOL! Totally nerdy.

I think we might be polar opposites. :)
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    I am black...and I luv fried chicken, watermelon, and red Kool Aid... Yes red is a flavor...:drinker:

Nice one!
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    I am an Aries and am very stubborn, assertive, independant, impulsive and impatient. I am also an only child.

I feel bad for my husband...(NOT)!

Exactly me. I'm not an only child though...but I act like it. And like you, I don't feel bad for the hubby either...LOL
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    I'm black so I cant swim.
    I'm a black woman and I hate getting my hair wet!

Hahaha. This is exactly why I'm glad I loc'd my hair! Now I don't care...even though I still can't swim and still scared to try!
  • RawkChick
    RawkChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm an artist and a photographer. I think my stuff is better than everyone else and those that don't like it, just don't understand it.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman... I'm going into a generic female role of being an accountant...
    Bookkeepers are women, accountants are nerdy men devoid of personality, whose main thought throughout each day is "credits on the right, debits on the left."
    I should know. I am a woman who used to work for QuickBooks and I was a full charge bookkeeper for a few years as well. And yes, I am a nerd.
  • RawkChick
    RawkChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm white, and I totally can't dance.
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    Im a black girl with a big booty!! lmao!!:tongue:
    Thats more like a gift than a sterotype :happy: ...HI5 sista!

True, True.....HI5 on tha backhand side!!! lol

LOL! After I had my daughter the butt started shrinking and the hips started expanding. I want my booty back!
  • Lupiemomma30
    Options
    I'm a woman, so I am an emotional roller-coaster. *Imitates roller-coaster with her arm*...

Also, I am an African-American woman, and will at times unknowingly lash out with extreme sassiness (or b*tchiness.. call it what you will) when angered enough.

Ditto. Nuff said!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I am Cancer - sensitive with a tough outer shell, emotional, loving, jealous and possessive haha :blushing:

This is me as well. I don't do the whole astrology thing, but I am a total stereotypical Cancer. Fiercely loyal, over-sensitive, shy, occasionally seem incredibly withdrawn... Yeah... :embarassed:

Edit: I don't fit many woman stereotypes, though. I hate shopping, I hate talking on the phone, I enjoy sports and sporting events, I don't understand shoe obsessions. I'll stop now!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i'm sure someone has already said this somewhere in the 9 pages of responses but:

i definitely belong in the kitchen. i love to bake, cook, and make my fiance sandwiches lol
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I have a Napoleon complex.