What are you responsible for making Turkey day?

Options
124»

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I get to do everything except desert. Ever since I learned how to brine my guy won't allow anyone else to do the bird. Thanksgiving will be casual, simple stuff with just a few friends. I get Christmas too...and the "almost inlaws" will be expecting the whole 9 yards...gourmet stuff, elegant table settings and plenty of wine.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    I'm responsible for making semi adequate food choices that day haha. The kitchen at my house is small, so my mom doesn't like the extra traffic, ie...I don't have to help!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Turkey, Mashed potato, cheesey green beans, stuffing...Pretty much everything, But I love to cook so I'm excited!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I'm the cook-so I'm in charge of everything. I place fresh rosemary springs under the skin place a cheese cloth over the turkey and baste every 30 minutes with butter and white wine- so tender and juicy!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese (homemade of course :P) and garlic mashed potatoes. My sister got a new job as a food prep, so she wants to show off her skills.....lucky me! :laugh:
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I *USED* to do the whole shebang, until I WISED up: My gal Maxine taught me her trick.

maxine.jpg

Seriously, I am bringing our family's traditional Kluski noodles and gravy. That's ALL I need, and a little turkey on the side
    Mmmmmmmmmmm
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Two turkeys
    Fresh corn
    Fresh string beans
    butterbeans
    chocolate pie
    coconut pie
    millionaire pie

LOL I've always said if my family's piss me off, they are screwed for Thanksgiving.:wink:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    ham, sweet potato casserole, cranberries, rolls, green bean casserole and brocolli rice casserole. My mom hates cheese and doesnt want us to bring anything with cheese in it but i never did listen to her. lol