If you have a memebership at a gym then please..

124»

Replies

• Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Mine is £89 per month! There is no 12 month tie-in though, it's a nice gym and there is also a pool (that I intend to use one day, when I have lost more weight!). The price of being in SW London, I suppose :(
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Mine is $178 a month (Equinox). It has a pool, steam room, great instructors, and day care. I can visit any of their gyms in the city, which is nice in the summer. While there are less expensive gyms in the area, those with pools are too far away for me in the winter. Mine is right by my subway stop so I have no excuse ;)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I'm in the UK, and pay £38 a month for Fitness First.

They have 50 classes a week, and I make sure I get to at least 3!

Sauna and steam room, which I never use, as well as the usual free weights and machines. Also access to a sports therapist. No pool or childcare, but I wouldn't use any of those.

I love the enthusiasm of the staff, plus it's close to where I work, so I can go at lunchtimes.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    I belong to a small, but very nice gym. It has all kinds of cardio equipment, weight machines, free weights, & offers group classes. I pay $60/month for myself & my husband, which includes all classes, too. I go 5 times a week (each time including a group class, using cardio & weight machines), & my husband goes 2. I definitely think it's a good deal. They are going to start offering childcare next month. They don't have a pool & aren't open 24 hours, which are the only drawbacks. I would probably pay up to $80 a month, which seems to be about average for most gyms in my area.
  • jacki0486
    jacki0486 Posts: 12 Member
    I chose to workout at the YMCA near my house because it's $42 all-inclusive (pool, classes, lockers, open gym, etc.) AND I don't have a contract so I can quit at any time with no financial fallout. The no-contract thing was a major deal-changer for me.