Gained!

Options
I just stepped on the scale - early AM no breakfast yet, just 2 cups of coffee - and learned that I've gained 5.5 lbs since I weighed last week! Could this be right???? It's the same scale as I always use and it's been 2 weeks post time of month! I'm wondering if my Saturday beer drinking/crummy food eating has caught up with me? What are your thoughts?? I'm really down in the dumps now! I feel like all the hard work I've done in the past 6 months has been a waste of time.

Replies

• kendallalissa
    Options
    I just stepped on the scale - early AM no breakfast yet, just 2 cups of coffee - and learned that I've gained 5.5 lbs since I weighed last week! Could this be right???? It's the same scale as I always use and it's been 2 weeks post time of month! I'm wondering if my Saturday beer drinking/crummy food eating has caught up with me? What are your thoughts?? I'm really down in the dumps now! I feel like all the hard work I've done in the past 6 months has been a waste of time.
  • melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have gained myself too and don't know what i am doing wrong ! since thanksgiving i have gained about 4 pounds.

i was 136 and now 140 as of this morning

so depressing

i am with you on that sister !!! :brokenheart:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    you could be retaining water it's a common problem. Drinking beer is deffinately not going to help you lose weight, especially paired with bar foods or snacks that aren't healthy.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    don't get down!!! you might be getting ready to start your monthly or maybe you are gaining muscle!! muscle weighs more than fat. just smile and tell yourself "I WILL DO BETTER THIS WEEK"
    be proud of the accomplishments you have made and for those yet to come!!! you can do this!!!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I hear ya on the beer! Once per week, it's my only out with my friends. I think I'm switching to Vodka and diet soda and limiting it to 2-3 per night. And NO snackie, bad foods!
    About the muscle building, yes, that may be true as well. I've upped my workout routine recently, so maybe it is caused by muscle. Let's hope!!!!!!! Thanks for the encouragement and the swift kick in the *kitten*! :flowerforyou:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I sometimes seem to weigh more on Monday mornings. Sometimes I drink more diet soda on the weekends, together with having a "cheat" meal on Saturday night. Don't worry too much about the weight gain. Most of it is probably water weight. I usually weigh myself on Monday morning (to see what damage, if any, happened over the weekend) and again on Thursday to see my progress. By Thursday everything is back to normal and I usually show a weight loss. Keep drinking your water and eating right and I'm sure everything will correct itself.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Thank you so much for your input, Oldandfat! That makes complete sense about the water retention, especially since it's a Monday and my Saturday eating/drinking were not good! Yesterday, however, was a good day! I'm trying my hardest to disregard what the scale read this morning, but it's SO hard!

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Also, you did drink 2 cups of coffee. It may have contributed a bit. Liquid is heavy. I find I am heavier after a work out because I drink so much water. After you, get rid of it:blushing: , you will probably weigh less.

Oh and I agree with everyone about possible water retention.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    ...but 5.5 lbs of water weight??? Isn't that a little much? :sad: