Hair loss...

Options
2»

Replies

• Pukenui
    Pukenui Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Or possibly female pattern hair loss? It happened to me, started at age 20. Is the thinning mostly in the front? Mine is in the front mostly and lightly all over :( sux aye
  • sekkut
    Options
    Many factors can lead to hair loss. The most important thing, you should know what the factor is. Sometimes, stress can make this problem worsen. You can read more at http://1cb8aeg8ol5wms8ckzt5hage4e.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=HAIRPROB . Hope your problem will solved soon
  • nyspotlight
    Options
    This happened to a friend of mine and her doctor put her on birth control pills to control hormone levels. If you already take BCP you may want to switch to a different brand or a different kind of hormone.

Once she did this her hair came back (and hers was coming out in chunks)

You might also with to have thyroid levels checked, as these are symptoms of hypothyroid. Make sure your doctor aslo checks for free t3 and t4. Just the one test isn't good enough.

K
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Malnutrition can cause hair loss. Very common when people diet, and restrict calories too much. I'd look hard at how you're eating, from an overall nutritional standpoint, not just calories, but macro and micronutrients.