miracle noodles

Options
2»

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Glucomannan, like I said, comes mostly from conifer WOOD PULP. I wouldn't consider the pine tree in my back yard as a vegetable.

It isn't animal or mineral .... ;)
  • Rewinds
    Options
    They don't have 0 calories they have about 20 per 100 grams.

They are great for pastas and stir fries. Anything with a sauce for them to soak up the flavour. I'd be tempted to cut them up and put them in a chicken soup as well.

You don't need to cook them as they are already cooked but they do need to be washed as the water they are stored in has a fishy smell. Don't smell them if seafood isn't your think. Mine came bundled up. Unbundle them rinse them in hot water, make sure you squeeze them and try and get most of the threads. Sometimes I put them in a bowl to soak for 10-15 minutes other times i'll just put them on a paper towel and dry them out.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    These noodles smell bad until you wash them three times, but they hold up really well in my asian noodle salads and stir fries, especially for those times when I want to make a bunch at once without having a solid glop for the leftovers. They are made of a kind of yam, some also have soy. They have their place, but are pretty gross if you try to use them like an Italian pasta dish. Spaghetti squash is better for that IMO.