Movies that make you think.

13»

Replies

• Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    FROZEN

I watched this movie at 11am on a Saturday and was paralized with fear. I actually had to You Tube, "training the wolves for Frozen." So I could sleep. I live in the north and it gets dark early and gets light late in the winter, like now. ugggg I had serious nightmares before youtubing. Thank you You Tube.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Primer
    A time travel mind-bender.

City Lights
    Greatest ending in film history

2001: A Space Odyssey
    40-years later, we are still arguing about what it means
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Last night, I finally watched Requiem for a Dream. It was incredibly sad and disturbing, but for a long time after watching it, I just sort of laid in my bed thinking. The heroin aspect of the plot isn't unusual, but the simultaneous story about Sara being addicted to diet pills just sort of made me sit there thinking about what really is a drug? What really is addiction? The movie was incredible, I can't stop thinking about it and those questions.

I also felt this way when I watched "Earthlings" (warning: It's not called "the veganmaker" for nothing).

What are the movies you've seen that really got you thinking?

Requim for a dream is my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!!!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Fortress.

Ahah. No. Just kidding. It's just that your post in debatable debating reminded me of that movie (Christophe Lambert is in jail because he had a non-authorized child)

Das Experiment (there was a US remake The Experiment but I've only seen the German version).

The Experiment was awesome and very thought provoking. I saw the American version on Netflix. I felt kinda sick afterwards because it was so true to life.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member

The Experiment was awesome and very thought provoking. I saw the American version on Netflix. I felt kinda sick afterwards because it was so true to life.

You mean everyday life or the actual experiment it was based on?

Supersize Me
    Fat Head
    Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
    Downsize Me
    Food Movies that made me think about what's really going on.

"The Cost of Life"- a short movie I once saw as a kid, where everyone is issued a debit card at birth and you buy things with time, (like in that Justin Timberlake movie)
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Seven Pounds
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member

Dr. Strangelove

best film ever
    Not even the best Kubrick film. But a great one nonetheless.
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    The Bucket List
    A Beautiful Mind
    Amistad
    Taking Chance
    Soul Surfer
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Letters to God is fantastic. To see the life of a child affect so many others was amazing. It made me want to be more compassionate.
    Absolutely! Started writing letters to Him myself!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    The Cove.

I cried for days after watching it.

SeaWorld was my daughters favorite place to go. Then we watched The Cove and she said we're never going there again.

Your daughter is very smart :) Nice job mom!
This discussion has been closed.