Foods to avoid on thanksgiving?

Options
13»

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    I guess it depends on what your family serves but some healthy choices are: Turkey (white meat no skin), fresh sweet potatos, fresh veggies. :)

I posted a recipe for healthy tartlets for appetizers or desserts.

I will not be eating: stuffing. I don't care for it, and it's not healthy. Large slices of pie (I will be eating a couple healthy tartlets instead). Minimal gravy, no skin on the turkey.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I will be eating... corn, cranberries ( my grandma makes the best cranberry sauce in the world!), corn, broccoli, sweet potatoes, green bean cassarole, regular potatoes, rolls, and pie. YUM!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Anything that I don't eat. Other than that, everything that I do eat, I will eat.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I'm going to eat what I want and enjoy it. With the exception that I have to celebrate TWO Thanksgivings! one with his family and one with mine on Saturday! I plan on eating very smart ALL week and sticking to a pretty vigorous workout schedule all week! I will probably even go for a run with all my sisters on Saturday morning to prep for all of the amazing food.

BUT I have noticed that I just can't eat the way I used to. I now know how much better I feel when I don't over eat but I will still eat and enjoy all of the delicious food I LOVE just in smaller portions on a smaller plate with LOTS of water!!!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Way too late, had Thanksgiving weeks ago ! lol.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to give up anything on Thanksgiving Day...If I want to eat rolls, I'll eat them...if I want to eat pie, I'll eat it...There is NOT one reason why anyone should give up a favorite food on that day because of your diet. (unless you're on a special health diet from your doctor and you have to not eat certain things)
    It's ONE day of the week where you're with family and one day will NOT KILL anyones diet....

Sometimes, there needs to be a grip on reality....Quit beating yourselves up all the time because, "gasp!!" you ate something you don't normally eat on your diet!

Just get back on it the next day.......

Yes! Agree, 100%! I'm going to eat what I like, enjoy myself, have fun with my family, keep up my activity, and move on!
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    We had our Thanksgiving at church and I ate what I wanted but not a whole lot and didn't stuff myself. I feel really good today and not miserable like on other Thanksgivings. One more to go.

I'm trying to make it more about friends and family and less about food. Also I'm just now starting to lose and I know myself. If I go crazy on Thanksgiving that gives me permission to let go the rest of the week. I do better when I stick with it. I'm making this a lifestyle not just a diet. I want to always be conscience of my nutrition. To me it's not a chore it's a way to be healthy. I'm on all this medicine because of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, low thyroid. I'd like to be off some of that some day. I think the key is to eat healthy. I don't think being conscience of it takes away a thing. At least to me it doesn't. Also I can still fit into the dress I wore TO the dinner. LOL

The older I get the more important an issue this is. No matter what time of the year.