Replies

• terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    brussell sprouts, cottage cheese, lobster, and salad
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I dislike eggs (unless they are poached like in Eggs Benedict) or deviled. Yucky scrambled, yucky fried, yucky most every which way.
    I HATE brussel sprouts, which is a shame bc they are my husband's favorite vegetable but I never make them for him.
    I hate cottage cheese unless I throw it in the food processor with vanilla extract, cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar- tastes like a pudding, I usually put diced apples on top. I HATE cottage cheese plain, though. YUCK!
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not quite a food, but V8!

I do not have a lot of time to make my own meals, and I don't have a lot of money to get super creative. I love the idea of being able to grab a bottle of V8 and get some vegetable servings for the day while on the go. But I cannot make myself stomach it! I have tried time and time again and each time, my taste buds were like, "Uh, no thanks."
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Not quite a food, but V8!

I do not have a lot of time to make my own meals, and I don't have a lot of money to get super creative. I love the idea of being able to grab a bottle of V8 and get some vegetable servings for the day while on the go. But I cannot make myself stomach it! I have tried time and time again and each time, my taste buds were like, "Uh, no thanks."

You should try V8 fruit juice (NOT the smoothies). They throw some veggies in there, but it is mostly fruit. I think a full glass is one serving veg, one serving fruit. They also make a light version with green tea.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You should try V8 fruit juice (NOT the smoothies). They throw some veggies in there, but it is mostly fruit. I think a full glass is one serving veg, one serving fruit. They also make a light version with green tea.

I will have to try them! I have stayed away from anything made by V8 for fear of just plain hating it! But if they are not overly vegetable-ish, maybe I will like them!

Are the smoothies bad? Or just not nutritious enough to be worth the calories?
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Avocados, tomatoes, eggplant..I'm sure there are a lot more, but those are the only ones I can think of right now :)

Just give your quota to me and we'll both be happy.
  • it_be_asin
    Options
    I don't really like melons, but it would be nice to buy a fruit salad and not have to throw away half of it. Why do they put so much melon in commercially bought fruit salad?

Also, I wish my stomach could tolerate onions and apples, but they make me gassy and give me a dire rear.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yogurt,,,,GAG!!!! I once tried holding my nose and spooning it in....LOL. I alo hate eggs (sorry but cooked eggs smell like farts...LOL)
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't really like melons, but it would be nice to buy a fruit salad and not have to throw away half of it. Why do they put so much melon in commercially bought fruit salad?

Also, I wish my stomach could tolerate onions and apples, but they make me gassy and give me a dire rear.

I don't know why, but I'm not big on fruit. I like it, but looking at it doesn't appeal to me.... I have to make myself eat it. Looking at a bowl of fruit salad turns me off. I don't know why they put so much melon in it... probably a cost thing. I wish there were more watermelon in it.... that I could handle.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    1) Anything that comes out of the ocean, other than shrimp (fish, lobster, crab... bleccch!)
    2) Eggs (can't stop my brain from thinking about what they are/would be!)
    3) Raw tomatoes (can't deal with the mushy texture)

Eggs are just giant cells, they are unfertilized so they would never develop into a baby chick lol. You are seriously just looking at one, giant cell. Its kind of bizarre to think about. That being said I don't eat eggs either. But only because I am vegan. I actually used to love them! and to those who posted about melon, glad to know I am not alone. I know so many people who love the stuff and it disgusts me. I hate melon!
  • it_be_asin
    Options
    I love every other fruit. Just not melons. Watermelon is OK though.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It would certainly make my life easier if I could eat onions. I just can't. They squeak on my teeth and they overpower the taste of everything else I eat.

Raw tomatoes. They come on everything - salads, hamburgers, tacos, etc. Can't stand them or the taste of them. Stewed is tolerable and sun dried can be divine.

Oh and it would be nice if I could eat salad stuff on my hamburgers, tacos, burritos, etc. Unfortunately, lettuce and the other fixin's either overpower the taste of everything else or it just tastes weird. Salad is fine in its own bowl but it just can't be mixed with my meat.