Aim:5lb down for xmas

Options
Hi

I am 5lb from my goal weight. So want to try and get there for xmas and maintain for the new year (So I start the year not wanting to start a diet and fail- like I normally do).

I'm 30 years old and weigh 145 and 5'7 tall.

Anyone want to join on my count down to xmas?

I plan this week to burn 1500 in the week, stick to my calories and drink plenty of water. xxxx

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi, sounds good, feel free to add me if you like! I'm 5ft 9.5" with about 20 pounds to lose xx
  • tracey1986
    Options
    I would like to join. I want to lose about 6lbs by xmas but would be happy if I just lost 3. I plan on going to the gym about 4 times this week so hopefully I will burn about the same.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have my last 3lbs to go before xmas and I'm determined to shift them by then!!!
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    I'm in. I would like to lose 5 lbs. by Christmas, even though I have 16 to lose. Mini goals are good.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

Loveddrinkingtea - is that your pup? How cute. We have two terriers who require lots of walking, hoping it will keep me fit.

Tracey 986 - I was thinking of starting to go to the gym just to keep up my running (that I started in summer) as dont like going to far in the dark now. What do you do in the gym?

Penny - you can defo loose 3lb. (I would also settle for 3)

sgha - love you profile pic too.

So what is eveyone doing today? Im walking dogs and going to my dance fitness class.

Im in the UK - is anyone else? x
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, tonight I will be going to Boxercise, and I have to cycle there and back. My abs still hurt from Thursdays class though!

I feel really bloated since the weekend, need to get a handle on that and the down the water to get my body back in check!
  • sgha
    Options
    Hi

Loveddrinkingtea - is that your pup? How cute. We have two terriers who require lots of walking, hoping it will keep me fit.

Tracey 986 - I was thinking of starting to go to the gym just to keep up my running (that I started in summer) as dont like going to far in the dark now. What do you do in the gym?

So what is eveyone doing today? Im walking dogs and going to my dance fitness class.

• sgha
    Options
    Hi

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Hello, no this is not my pup, I wish he was, but I live in a London flat so no pets unfortunately!!! I stole this picture from someone on Facebook, I'm not even sure if it is a real dog!!!

xx
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    I'm in the UK, tonight I will be going to Boxercise, and I have to cycle there and back. My abs still hurt from Thursdays class though!

I feel really bloated since the weekend, need to get a handle on that and the down the water to get my body back in check!

I quite fancy boxerise, not sure if anywhere does it here. I tried Kettlebells last week and enjoyed that but its not on this week. x
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Count me in, ideally I'd love to lose 10 lbs, but I think 5 lbs is much more realistic. 5'4", 136 lbs, going to gym ish three times a week with random weightlifting or running
  • tracey1986
    Options
    I do the treadmill for 20 mins, cross trainer and rowing machine for 10 minutes each and then some weight machines. I'm there about an hour. I stopped going for a few months and then couldn't kick start myself into going again but my friend has just joined so that really motivates me to go.
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to be down to 125 by Christmas...I am at 132 right now. So this challenge will be a great way to get to my GW of 118-120.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Anyone who wants can add me. Today I did level one 30DS with 2.3kg weights (240 cals) and at lunchtime I did a Fightclub class at my gym (450 cals).

xx
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Btw, the puppy looks like a beagle ;) The most lovable blockheads ever.
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Anyone who wants can add me. Today I did level one 30DS with 2.3kg weights (240 cals) and at lunchtime I did a Fightclub class at my gym (450 cals).

xx

Wish I could fit it in my lunch hour - well done. I have done 30DS and enjoyed it. Prefer Boost Metab banish fat now though (green DVD box) x
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    I'm in! I want to be down to 125 by Christmas...I am at 132 right now. So this challenge will be a great way to get to my GW of 118-120.

Great.

Next Monday lets record how we have done. I usually stay the same for 2/3 weeks and then lose 2/3 pounds so will see how I get on.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    [/quote]

Wish I could fit it in my lunch hour - well done. I have done 30DS and enjoyed it. Prefer Boost Metab banish fat now though (green DVD box) x
    [/quote]

The gym at lunch is a serious squeeze, I am v glad I don't have to punch in and out, if someone was clock watching I would be in trouble!!!

I plan to crack on and do more JM dvds after 30DS, I have the one about getting a 6 pack. I don't really want a 6 pack, I'm just so tired of the lard pack!!! xx
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Ooops, I can't seem to do quoting!!! Silly me!!! xx
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    I'll give this a try. I'm not overweight, but want to lose 7-9 lbs. I'm not stepping on the scale in November, since I am (now) focusing on weight-training - having sacrificed some much-loved cardio to find the time to weight-train.

But, I think I could step on the scale by Xmas and see how it all turned out.

(I'm in week 2 of "body for life", which is a 12-week program...)

Also, I'm 5'9" and weigh 157 (I think....I did the last time I stepped on the scale, anyway).