You take, WHAT??? Multi-Vitamins

Options
Najay
Najay Posts: 273 Member
I currently take a Women's daily vitamin. It is important to take a vitamin everyday to ensure that your body is getting the right nutrition and supplements to stay healthy.

Who takes daily multi-vitamins along with eating healthy? Which ones, do you take? Do you take an energy supplement or shake when exercising?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My doctor pulled me off of mine. He said they are mostly useless and can interfere with prescription medicines.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I had a vitamin D deficiency and was instructed to take a supplement for that. I don't always remember to take it, though.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Onesource Women's Ultimate multi-
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sanatogen A-Z Complete
  • butterflimom
    Options
    Womens One A day active metabolism
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I take a one a day womens multi-vitamin & Nature's cod liver oil, every single day.
  • afrase
    afrase Posts: 21
    Options
    I also take a daily multi vitamin plus vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin C daily.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My doctor pulled me off of mine. He said they are mostly useless and can interfere with prescription medicines.

That depends on what Rx's you have.
    Always ask your Pharmacist, that's why they are there.
    I just did a case study of someone who's body rejected a kidney transplant because she was taking St. John's Wort and never told anyone.

I take the Generic A to Zinc sold at Walgreens
    and Fiber Capsules
  • taylorromanyk
    Options
    I take a women's multi-vitamin plus iron and zinc, when I was told I couldn't donate blood (twice) because of an iron deficiency. The nurse recommended I take them, I hope they're doing something. I'd love to donate blood.
  • I currently take a Women's daily vitamin. It is important to take a vitamin everyday to ensure that your body is getting the right nutrition and supplements to stay healthy.

Who takes daily multi-vitamins along with eating healthy? Which ones, do you take? Do you take an energy supplement or shake when exercising?

I take Centrium 21 Chewables (with added iron and vitamin D). They're really great and give you 100% of your daily intake of almost every vitamin & mineral out there. They are also chewables and taste like oranges for those of you who have a bad gag reflex, like myself. I don't take any kind of shake or supplement before a workout, just a protien packed snack with healthy carbs & a bottle of water!
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I try to take a vitamin and when i can keep em down I take this one..
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options

^^ this ^^
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I used to take a multivitamin but since rhere have been several recent studies showing dangers (increased risks of certain diseases) with vitamin and mineral supplements so I quit taking it a while back. Now I take fish oil, vitamin D and have recently added a B supplement on my doctor's advice (because of my age).
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I take two.

One from tesco - Multivitatmin and Multimineral in one. This has 100% of everything I should be having on a daily basis.

As I have low B12, I also take a B Complex multivitamin too, this bumps up my B12, as im getting 200% of my daily allowance. I was really tired and run down for the past 6 months, gained lots of weight as I never had energy to make the gym - and bad food choices - a few bloods tests later and they find out my B12 is 140 (normal range is apparently 190 - 900) but since adding this secon B complex, my energy levels have really shot up. Plus im at the gym twice a week (for now, building up to it as i've been inactive for 6 months)

xx
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin, D, Calcium, Iron, B12, 2 fish oils,
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm taking prenatal vitamins and a DHA supplement. When I'm not pregnant I like the Women's Sport vitamins from Vitamin World, they have a lot of herbal complexes that are good for women as well as glucosamine and chondriotin for joint health, and I also take a DHA supplement since I don't eat fish.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big believer in vitamins unless you have a specific deficiency. I do take Vit D sometimes in the winter (living in a cold Northern climate, I think that's real necessary for a lot of us), and sometimes I'll pop some Omega 3s, but I'm not as certain that I need those.
    It's so much better, they're finding more and more every day, to just get those nutrients from real food, along with the phytochemicals and everything else in the real food.
  • Ajan9500
    Options
    I take cod liver oil and a multi vitamin
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I take a women's multi-vitamin plus iron and zinc, when I was told I couldn't donate blood (twice) because of an iron deficiency. The nurse recommended I take them, I hope they're doing something. I'd love to donate blood.

Prenatal vitamins are good if you have low iron. When I was vegetarian my iron was often just a little too low to donate blood and they recommended I take prenatals.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I should really be better about taking my vitimans. espically since I am tryign to get pregnant. I like Wegmans prenatals. They are comprable to most name brands and cost less. I nee dtto hid them at my desk so I remember to take them.