Options

Replies

• netty1959
    Options
    i make spinach and potato curry, even the kids eat it without moaning
  • rlbwalker
    rlbwalker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started adding it to my fruit smoothies and my kids like vegetables now. I am even starting to get a taste for it raw. Lately, as the vegetable on our plates I will just put raw spinach with nothing on it. But I don't think we would do that if it hadn't been for making the green smoothies. Same thing with celery.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I used to wouldn't touch cooked spinach until I had it in a restaurant. Took me a couple tries to figure out how they had done it. I just fixed myself a big batch of it tonight. LOOVE It!

1.5 Tbs olive oil
    1 large shallot
    4 cups spinach

Sautee the shallots in the olive oil until its tender, then remove the skillet from the heat. Throw in the spinach and stir it around to coat it in olive oil and wilt it. It should wilt just about right in the hot pan without putting it back on the heat. i like mine to still be recognizable as leaves, not slimey strings. I sprinkle on white pepper and sea salt. Yummy!
  • 3tennis
    Options
    I adore baby leaf spinach steamed till just done and serve with a few drops of white vinegar on top. Fabulous and so healthy too.
    I hear the vinegar helps speed up your metabolism too. Great source of iron too!
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Put the spinach in the blender and make a green smoothie, add some carrots, fruit (apples and bananas), yogurt, olive oil, protein powder, flax seed meal, make it nutritious and taste good too.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    THERE'S THIS CRAZY FEATURE HERE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE ARCHIVES OF PAST POSTS. IT'S CALLED THE "SEARCH" FEATURE. CLICK ON THE LINK JUST ABOVE THIS THREAD. IT'S FANTASTIC!
    Wow, thanks, 4000+ posts, wow, where do you find the time?
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of frozen chopped spinach because it is low calorie and SO SO good. My favorite thing is to sautee a little onion and mushrooms in olive oil cooking spray and then throw in a can of butter beans (drained and rinsed) and let them cook a little bit (so they get a nice brown on them) and then dump a bunch of frozen spinach on it and cover the pan and let them cook together until they are all yummy and warm. Spice it to your liking (I dump hot sauce on it) and it is healthy and amazing!
  • Sexi4eva
    Options
    I most am dying to try this recipe.... It sounds delic...... Yummmm... Thanks
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump....crystal
  • brigitte101
    Options
    I throw spinich in just about everything, soups, omlets, casserols, spagetti sauce, stews. when I juice I through a hand full of spinch in it. if you steam vegitables you can throw some in there too. I mix it with salads, I eat it on sandwiches instead of lettuce. I love spinich!
  • flavourfinder83
    flavourfinder83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use baby Spinach as a replacement for lettuce on salad sandwiches! tastes great!
  • flavourfinder83
    flavourfinder83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a cool idea, i'm so trying this. Thanks!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Fold some into your omelets and maybe some cottage cheese, tomatoes, peppers, onions...
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    Raw spinach salad...add cubed strawberries in summer, craisins in winter and slivered almonds if you like...dressing: white distilled vinegar + white sugar + lemon juice + poppy seeds for texture if you like. Start with 1 Tbls of vinegar and 1 Tbls of lemon juice, add sugar to taste. My kids love it! We only each spinach raw now :)
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome Spinach shake from Fit2Fat2Fit. Spinach Shake (1 scoop of IsaPro Vanilla Whey Protein (or whichever brand you decided to go with), 1 big handful of spinach, ½ banana, 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter, Approximately ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk, and approximately 3 handfuls of ice).
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it plain. No dressing etc. just a big ol' pile on my plate.:happy: I also used to serve it to my day care kids rinsed, patted dry and spread peanut butter on it. They loved it! We called it spinach roll-ups. Hmmm. I'll have to try that again soon.:flowerforyou:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i eat spinach with balsamic vinagerette/sunflower seeds/strawberries. or spinach with hard boiled eggs/apple cider vinager (Braggs) both yummy
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    THERE'S THIS CRAZY FEATURE HERE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE ARCHIVES OF PAST POSTS. IT'S CALLED THE "SEARCH" FEATURE. CLICK ON THE LINK JUST ABOVE THIS THREAD. IT'S FANTASTIC!
    wow!:noway:

lol, that's how I feel when I see ridiculous posts like this. couldn't have been any more rude?
  • KouklaTheo
    Options
    Rinse 1 package baby spinach in a strainer. Place spinach in large glass or china bowl, cover w/ a china or glass plate. ( No plastic in the microwave) Nuke for 4 minutes on turn table. Remove. Toss with tongs. Yummy. You can season if you want, but I like it plain. Good raw in salads too, alone or mixed in with other greens. Bacon bits ( real or soy) really compliment it in a salad