Random things that peeve you

Options

Replies

• KMSForLife
    Options
    Random people in public who think they have the right to be rude to perfect strangers. I've read two posts today from MFP members with awful stories about how people treated them.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The implication I am incapable of doing things 'under my own power'... ie. open the door for myself, carry something up the stairs, change the tire on my car..

I am a fully functional and capable human-being; being female did not derail that. Consideration should go both ways not "just because you are a woman".

That is something that has always irked me.

When I open a door for someone, male or female, it is from courtesy, not the feeling that he or she is incapable!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    People that bag my groceries. There are only 2 types: the ones that put every single item in one bag, and those that use a separate bag for every single item.

^^^THIS!!!!. I went to the store yesterday and took my earth bags. I had 8 of them with me. The girl bagging my groceries used 4 of them and put everything else with the exception of 3 items in plastic bags and then stacked the rest of my empty canvas bags on top of the cart. The 3 items she didn't bag at all? a 6-pack of beer, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of vodka. These she placed unbagged in the upper section of the cart. I take canvas bags with me for a reason! I have a stockpile of the plastic grocery bags and don't need more! UGH.
    If I don't watch them, the baggers at my local store put each item in its own plastic bag and then into my canvas bags.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Exes! Most mfkn irritating, corn smoking, gold diggin, fore flushin, satchel licking, POS on this rock. Not that I'm bitter or anything. :grumble: :wink: :laugh:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I HATE it when I hold the door for someone and they don't say "thank you". I always say "you're welcome" anyway just to spite them.

SAME! happened to me once, I said the same thing...then this woman called ME rude!!! I had a few words for her after....
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    When men don't hold the door for women....

women who don't then reach over and unlock the man's door from inside the car.

/Bronx Tale

That's how you know if your with a great one :wink:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    when you write someone and they flat out ignore you when you know, in fact, they have the second to write you back and answer the question that was asked in the damn first place.

oooo yes. happens quite often on MFP I find.
  • mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    People who rush to judgment about others.

Well played.

I'm the first to say I'm guilty of it... and I *hate* that about myself. I'm working on it. :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Having big fat thumbs that making texting on my phone a total pain in the *kitten*.

Edited to add: Also, the fact that I said, "texting on my phone". What the hell else would I be texting on? Apparently, I'm getting on my own nerves today.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options

Should whomever gets to the door first open it? Regardless of sex?

YES!! Very much agreed! Courtesy, regardless of gender.
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    When my MIL visits, calls, or is spoken of.

^^^This^^^ Mine calls and wants to rant for an hr about anything! :huh:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options

women who don't then reach over and unlock the man's door from inside the car.

/Bronx Tale

I reach over and unlock and open from inside =)
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I live in the South and more times than I can count.. men try to hold open the door for me but when I try to do the same for them, they look at me like I'm crazy.

You may be one of the people who would open the door, regardless of gender. THAT is how it should be.
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    People who expect gratitude when they do something nice for somebody else.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    People who don't respect your personal space. Like when I'm in line at the grocery store and the person behind me is literally standing close enough to lick the back of my head.... MOVE BACK!! Also, people who get right up close to your face when they talk to you. I used to work with a lady who did this. I'd keep backing up but she would just keep getting closer and closer! The only time you should be that close to someone's face is if you are going to kiss or if you're engaged in an intense staring contest.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Biggest one is definitely poor grammar. If you made it past the 3rd grade, you should REALLY know the difference between "you're/your" and "their/there/they're". Also, when people write or say "I should OF" instead of "should HAVE". I constantly want to correct people's grammar.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Personally I open the door for people, or hold it open, regardless of gender.

I like it when a guy opens say a restaurant door open for me, to me it's a sign of respect (ie when dating). Yes I know I'm 100% capable of it. To me it shows the other person is caring.

Pet peeve: when feminism kills gentlemanly behaviour.

Personally I was on a leash when I was a kid, I wondered everywhere! But I don't agree with hauling your kid around.

Otherwise I agree with everything said in this thread!

Basically people being rude in general.

Oh, and people judging people who are overweight. You don't know the person, you don't know their lives, shut the h*ll up.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Loose vs Lose.

your vs you're

and trust me, I am no english major!

Those, plus

their vs there vs they're
    "I seen it" vs "I saw it"

Using "Less" when they mean "Fewer" (I want to weigh less. I want to weigh fewer pounds. If you can count it then use fewer)
    Using "Good" when they mean "Well" (You are doing "good" when you're helping a charity, you are doing "well" when you're not sick)
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I hate when I try to vent to people about how I'm feeling and they totally disregard everything I have said and get pissy with me for complaining. For real. I'll listen to anyone about anything, I would like the same respect.

Totally understand and feel the same way!
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Sunday drivers in the passing lane!!!