Random things that peeve you

Options

Replies

• NakedLunchTime
    Options
    People who overeat multiple times a week and whine about it.

ummm wrong website?? :/
  • brunzella92
    brunzella92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Loose vs Lose.

your vs you're

and trust me, I am no english major!

I'm no English either....I can't stand this!!!!!
    Along with: there, their, and they're

......To, too and two!!!!!
  • brunzella92
    brunzella92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    People who overeat multiple times a week and whine about it.

ummm wrong website?? :/

Agree!! lol, thought this was the place to do that lol!!!
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The thing that probably irritates me the most is when I miss a call and then immediately try to call the # back and they don't answer...what did you do? Throw your phone and run?!?!

Just spit my coffee out laughing at work. That's awesome!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    When others can't handle the fact that your opinion may differ from their's. It can range from favorite place to eat to religion to everything between. It's okay to be different!!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

Don't knock it till you try it!

I haven't ever done it, but if my 2 year old was any more antsy I would certainly consider it if we needed to walk in a crowded place (like a fair or amusement park) or busy sidewalks. You can sideeye all you want, his safety is my number one priority.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    People (especially women on cell phones-get frickin' hands free and start paying attention) who tailgate you as if by doing so will make you go faster/ram the car in front of you.

Yeah, this is for the stupid woman on her cell phone tailing me the whole way down 45 then 53 in her damn minivan. ARGH!!!!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    People who think their opinions are the only one's that matter/ everyone else is wrong/ if you don't agree something is wrong with you, etc.

People who don't care who they offend when they share their opinion, ok you have your own opinion, but you don't have to be an
    *kitten* about it.

ex. I met a girl at a workout class, she worked for a gormet coffee place and proceeded to say how tim hortons coffee was awful, how can anyone like that s**t, OMG, etc. Um, I happen to like their coffee, did you have to insult everyone who has a different opinion?

There's a difference between being overly sensitive and someone being a jerk.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

I haven't ever done it, but if my 2 year old was any more antsy I would certainly consider it if we needed to walk in a crowded place (like a fair or amusement park) or busy sidewalks. You can sideeye all you want, his safety is my number one priority.

Eh, I don't look down on anyone that does it, but I wouldn't do it and find it strange, but thats just my opinion.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

Eh, I don't look down on anyone that does it, but I wouldn't do it and find it strange, but thats just my opinion.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My biggest peeve is people who dont park correctly i could rant about this for hours and people have seen me do it. It just drives me absolutely insane!!! Its so bad i had cards made up and i leave them on peoples cars They say and i quote "I hope you dont Park like you **** because you dont know how to get it in" So if anyone in Phoenix ever gets one it was me
  • rossi02
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

I've never had to use one on my kids.. but I know others who have. Not because they are lazy and not paying attention. Kids can bolt quickly and there is nothing worse then seeing your kid bolt and not being able to squeeze through small spaces to get to them right away.
  • rossi02
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

I've never had to use one on my kids.. but I know others who have. Not because they are lazy and not paying attention. Kids can bolt quickly and there is nothing worse then seeingyour kid bolt and not being able to squeeze through small spaces to get to them right away.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

I've never had to use one on my kids.. but I know others who have. Not because they are lazy and not paying attention. Kids can bolt quickly and there is nothing worse then seeingyour kid bolt and not being able to squeeze through small spaces to get to them right away.

Ya, I don't think they are lazy parents or anything, I just don't care for the approach that's all.
  • rossi02
    Options
    kids on leashes...WTF

haha super disturbing!!

Ya, I don't think they are lazy parents or anything, I just don't care for the approach that's all.

completely understand!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Y'all have left out a big one... to vs. too
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    Here's a relevant one, When someone finds out you are trying to lose weight and them saying things like thats easy just cut pop out of your diet... its not that easy for everyone you tool I never drink pop so how do I just cut it out??
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Y'all left out a big one... to vs. too

Voicemails whose sole message is, "Hey, it's me. Call me back." Yes, I know it's you. And I know I need to call you back. I don't need a voicemail to this effect.

Speaking of "sole"... Found a group whose "soul purpose" is to bla bla bla... I cringed.

The girl in the office next to me who wears stripper heels to work everyday, doesn't know how to walk in them, and stomps up and down the un-carpeted hall in our small, paper-thin-walls office 4,928 times a day.

Comma splices.

Sexism.

Lack of punctuation in text messages.

People who complain about having a door opened for them. And those that don't appreciate the courtesy of an open door. And those that don't hold the door for the person behind them.

Mothers-in-law were mentioned earlier. YES! Mine is a selfish nutcase with bad hair.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    When people pull out in front of me when there aren't any cars behind me, and then go 10mph and turn on the very next street.