Allergic to alcohol?

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have always had an allergy to alcohol. After just a few sips, my lips go numb, I get blood red and blotchy and so so hot! Never heard of someone developing it before though. Perhaps as we get older, we just cant handle what we could when we were younger? Are you eating healthier? Has it been a while since you have had drinks? I know if I eat something now that is greasy, it makes me sick.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have always had an allergy to alcohol. After just a few sips, my lips go numb, I get blood red and blotchy and so so hot! Never heard of someone developing it before though. Perhaps as we get older, we just cant handle what we could when we were younger? Are you eating healthier? Has it been a while since you have had drinks? I know if I eat something now that is greasy, it makes me sick.

This reaction to alcohol is common in Asian populations, but I suppose it could affect anyone really. But a few of my Asian friends can't drink alcohol, because their face gets all red and hot and puffy!