so do you feel thinner or larger then you are?

Options

Replies

• Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think I am still "fat." I find it rewarding that I am wearing a size 4 and my workout clothes are now baggy...but when I see my reflection I still see too thick thighs, extra tummy, big behind. So not sure how the body got smaller without losing all that stuff!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I feel bigger than I am. Caught a glimpse of my reflection in the metro door today and I had to smile :) I did really well last month dropping pounds and serious inches but when I look in the mirror I see the same me... I look at my progress pics every week to remind myself hey that's me and I worked hard!!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite... I forget that I'm fat and am always surprised when I see my reflection. I don't buy clothes that are small or anything - I'm realistic about what size I am when I shop, but I'm still surprised when I catch a glimpse of myself that I'm not the thinner person that I feel like.

i think im this. i dont think im thin i KNOW im fat but when i look in a mirror its always a bit of a shock just how fat i am/ how fat i look. i always dress and think oh yeah this is good then look in the mirror and think omg i look so fat and ugly!

i think in my head i dont see myself as bad as i really am. ironically when i was skinny i was the opposite i thought i was sooo fat and now i wish i was that small
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I imagine myself as a big person, but when I look in the mirror, I'm like "oh...I'm actually pretty small." I've been working a lot on accepting and loving my body though. I'm my goal size, so I should!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Larger! ...I am losing weight but I definitly do not feel thinner.... :(
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I look in the mirror I can see that I am getting thinner and I feel good about it but when I see a photo of myself I feel like I am the same size I was and I feel large all over again.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I feel thinner sometimes. I think I always have felt like a thin girl trapped in a fast body. Its not til I poke and prod my fat or look in the mirror I remember I'm not that thin,(yet)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Definitely larger. I have a friend who was sort of my body inspiration. I keep obsessing about how it will be to look like her. Well we were out this weekend and I got a picture of us next to eachother. And Im freakin CLOSE. And I didnt realize and still dont see it. Makes me mad.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm a very small person yet I feel big and bumbling. Total crazy way of thinking.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Larger. Ms Fatty McFatterson still says hello to me in the mirror each morning
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    larger...i know i have lost weight, but i still feel big. Today I was holding my 10 pound weight and thought "I have lost over that much?" It helps to put it in perspective, but it doesn't make it go away in the end.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Larger. Ms Fatty McFatterson still says hello to me in the mirror each morning

The mirror must be broken, because you're not fat.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I still see my bigger self. I mean logically I know I am much thinner. But even comparing my before and after pics I still feel I look the same. I really need to work on this.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    larger, i tend to see myself as fat alot until i really look at myself. i still have a gut to lose but i've never had moobs so it seems i'd feel smaller but i dont
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Larger for sure. When I saw the pic that is now my profile pic, I was like. Those cant be my legs! those legs look good. They are thin. My legs are still big. My husband had to reassure me that yes, those were my legs and yes, that is what they realy look like. I think when you are really heavy for a long time it takes a while for your eyes and brain to catch up to the rest of your body.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i feel smaller i think...well i dunno if i aqctually feel smaller....but i dress up and do my makeup and take great care of my appearance on a daily basis....and always try to look like i am on the inside....so that i am attractive despite my size....my mom taught me that lesson the first time i came home from school crying because i found out i was fat
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    To kr3851:

A mirror does not define who you are.

If you look good in your clothes and you feel that you look sexy, you are.

Do not let your reflection get you down. When you walk up to someone and they talk to you and you just pour out confidence, they're going to notice that are realize how great of a person you are inside and out.

I know it sounds cheesy, but when you're confident about yourself, others notice.

Aww thanks :) I don't hate what I see... I know what I've done to get where I am, what I did to get where I was, and what I need to do to get where I'm going. It's just sometimes a shock to see me the way the world sees me - cos inside I'm a normal-sized girl brimming with life. I'm not down on myself at all - in fact I'm a lot more confident than I was 20kgs and two years ago.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Probably larger. I still have the mindset of the fat little 5th grade me, so that's all I see :ohwell:
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think of myself as smaller than I apparently am because it wasn't that long ago that I was little. But I'm starting to realize my denial. I haven't always thought this way though. In middle/high school I was chubby and developed an eating disorder. So, no matter how small I got or what people said I still thought I was huge. When I began to realize my problem I got to a healthy weight, then went to college....
  • Samsara9
    Options
    Much, much larger than I suppose I really am, I think. I have BDD (body dysmorphia). Though, I don't know really what I do see or don't (which is part of the disorder). So, when I look in the mirror I never see thin or skinny...I just see large thighs, thick waist and fat rolls on my back....