Thanksgiving Day

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
who is planning on staying within their calorie range for thanksgiving day / dinners ???

or are you just saying that is your "cheat day" or "cheat meal" ?!

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet - I'll probably not log foods since I'll be traveling but still try to pick as much healthy foods as I can and mentally estimate calories!

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to log, and I'm not going to worry about it. My body can't physically eat that much anyway.

Besides, it's only one day, and calories don't count on holidays.
  • wannabfit34
    wannabfit34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm completely stressed about it!!!
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving Day is going to be my cheat day. I usually have one cheat day every seven to ten days of being under my calorie goal--but I'm not going to stuff myself :)
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am going to try to stay within my calorie range the best I can, but if I go over that day that's ok. I have been working out extra this week to make up for any that I go over that day. I will still log in what I eat and I will do my best to behave myself. Happy Thanksgiving.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm not logging. One day, in the grand scheme of things, means practically nothing.

You'd be amazed at the variety of responses folks I've read in the past few days. Check out the Search link above this thread, and search for: Thanksgiving log.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to log, and I'm not going to worry about it. My body can't physically eat that much anyway.

Besides, it's only one day, and calories don't count on holidays.

Great outlook! Color within the lines on other days, indulge for special days!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly healthy menu planned this year, but I don't intend to log on Thursday. I've been at this for almost 10 weeks without a break so it isn't going to make me gain weight! Friday I'll be back on track. My biggest indulgence will be a piece of pie with whipped cream.
  • sarah307
    Options
    thanks! interesting how different everyone feels about it!

someone told me - it's not what you do from november to december, it's what you do from december to november!!! :D

meaning that it's only the holidays and enjoy it :) ! and do amazing the whole rest of the year until next holiday LOL
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am going to plan ahead. I am going to track my meal ahead of time so I can see what the calories are going to look like. I may decide to make adjustments once I see how ugly it is. This usually helps me make better choices. I am also running a 10k that morning so I am thinking that I am probably going to be okay.
  • sarah307
    Options
    I am going to plan ahead. I am going to track my meal ahead of time so I can see what the calories are going to look like. I may decide to make adjustments once I see how ugly it is. This usually helps me make better choices. I am also running a 10k that morning so I am thinking that I am probably going to be okay.

great idea!! and good luck with your race!!!!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose at least one pound on my weigh in Monday following Thanksgiving. That will help me stay on track. I plan on having a little bit of the things I really want and I WILL log as I am curious to see what it will add up to. I will just have a light breakfast, if anything since we are eating earlier than I would like (around 2pm).

I am liking how I feel and don't wanna blow it. I've had <mumble mumble> years of being able to pig out. This year I want to enjoy the company more than the food!
  • demetria423
    demetria423 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log in and just make sure I work out in the morning to have a few extra calories in case I need them ;-)
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM.

It's one day, it's not going to ruin weight loss.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever I want and as much as I want!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Definitely staying on-program as I have the entire menu planned out and what I will be consuming that day!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My perspective is that this is an addiction I am fighting. Yes, Thanksgiving is a smorgasbourd, but why take a backstep and binge. I am thankful for my health and success thus far. To me, binging on any day is like a recovering crack addict taking a hit, just because it's a holiday. Doing that would be counteractive to all the progress made. To each his own....that's just my 2 cents. :happy:
  • gleechick609
    Options
    There is no cheating when you are on MFP. This is a lifestyle change!!!!!!!! :)

"You only cheat when you don't log what you eat!"

I am logging all the way!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I plan to follow my eating plan through the holidays!
  • jdfortriede
    jdfortriede Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Remember, you can eat healthy without counting calories... You know what foods are high in calories, and you know what are lower in calories. Just remember moderation is good. Try to eat slower, enjoy the food. One tip I have learned from my best friend is if you dont like the food, dont eat it. Why eat calories that you don't enjoy!?!?! Save the calories for things you like.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm logging all the way. There are no cheat days for me; on MFP or in my life.

I've already estimated how much Thanksgiving is going to be, and it's not that much more than a normal day. Just watch the desserts!

I'm running an 8k race that morning as well so that should help with the calories.

I'm not going over regardless, and I'm at my goal weight.