Thanksgiving Day

Options

Replies

• adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat what I want but stop when I get full and log everything. The number will probably still be high but I'll at least be aware of what I ate and make up for it the rest of the week! :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    There is no cheating when you are on MFP. This is a lifestyle change!!!!!!!! :)

"You only cheat when you don't log what you eat!"

I am logging all the way!

I love you!!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Just had dental surgery can't eat solids yet, anyway.... :sad: :grumble: :sad: :grumble: :sad: :grumble:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever I want and as much as I want!

^^This!!^^ I'm going to eat it all and then on Friday go back to my normal relatively healthy way of eating. For me learning to relax and not stress about food has been half the battle. It's one day. I've got a birthday coming up and 3 different Christmas parties. I'm not going to let stressing over food ruin my enjoyment of any of them. I'm going to eat whatever I feel like and all the days around them I'll stick to my normal routine. I hope to maintain through the holidays but if I'm up a few lbs come January 1st, so be it. They'll go away and I'll have enjoyed the holidays.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    There is no cheating when you are on MFP. This is a lifestyle change!!!!!!!! :)

"You only cheat when you don't log what you eat!"

I am logging all the way!

I love you!!!

*muah!*
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    hmmm! This will be entertaining to see what happens on turkey day.... :D

I changed my mind - I am going to eat healthy (you're right, i know what healthy choices are!!) and NOT mentally calculate.. to give the math side of my brain a rest :)

then the next day i'll log everything I had and see how well I did without logging and just trying to stay healthy, etc!!!
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Considering I've kinda slipped a few rungs down the ladder for 1.5 weeks already this month, I'm planning to workout 2x - once in the AM & in the PM & eat moderately + stay within cals. I can't afford to let myself slip a few more rungs down anymore! :P
  • pereztech930
    pereztech930 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Logging everything as usual. I'm going to have a protein shake for bfast and lunch, then Epic Meal Time for Thanksgiving! Maybe around 2500-3000 calories...I'll try and keep it low carb. Is this a bad idea?
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log my calories, and plan to stay in range. I am bringing sides to a family dinner - squash and sweet potato casserole. The squash I am doing because I bought fresh squash and do not cook it with butter -- just steam it to soften it, stir it up, and mix in a tablespoon of real maple sugar. It's amazingly tasty, and I know it won't have the fat and sugars. As for the casserole, I have been making it for years and it's a family favorite, but I will avoid it (full of sugar and butter). So, choosing sides wisely and having the white meat turkey, I should be okay. It was my plan last year, and it worked well for me. Last year at Thanksgiving, I was wearing plus sizes and this Thanksgiving, I'm a size 8/10 (and still losing!).

Stay strong and healthy, Everyone, and enjoy your Thanksgiving!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    thanks! interesting how different everyone feels about it!

someone told me - it's not what you do from november to december, it's what you do from december to november!!! :D

meaning that it's only the holidays and enjoy it :) ! and do amazing the whole rest of the year until next holiday LOL

^this. Think of it this way...we've already got the jump on all of the people who are going to make a New Year's Resolution to get healthy...even if you only started today, you've got a 5 week head start on all of those folks! :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Loggin it all! I am saving all my exercise calories from this week and some of the daily calories. I already have 1200cals saved over. I am eating really clean this week to make sure I get the nutrients I need despite the deficit :P But oh boy I am going to joy every bite of that thanksgiving meal without single bit of guilt!
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely gonna log, and since I'm staying at mom's she has a treadmill and a stationary bike that I will be partaking of early in the day.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I haven't really cheated since I started. Sure, I had some candy , but still stayed within my calorie goal. Since I joined over 70 days ago I have never gone over 1200 calories. although I have only lost 13 pounds. I plan on Turkey, stuffing pie and most importantly champagne. Honestly, I miss alcohol the most. Between food and cocktails, give me the drink.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Logging everything as usual. I'm going to have a protein shake for bfast and lunch, then Epic Meal Time for Thanksgiving! Maybe around 2500-3000 calories...I'll try and keep it low carb. Is this a bad idea?

No.. its not a bad idea at all....

I plan on doing the same thing... I have a high protein/low carb shake mix that is phenominal with frozen wildberries.. and keeps me satisfied for several hours.... that will be my breakfast... I have already planned out the thanksgiving menu and its all low-carb and using only fresh foods... it will be a perfectly balanced meal....
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting an early morning workout in!! To help curve the calories...and I have to work 10am-6pm, but then I will enjoy my dinner reasonably and I plan to still log it!!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    We'll be traveling for a couple of days and staying with relatives so I won't have the same control over my food choices as I would at home. I worked out hard Sat/Sun and did a workout last night and will do one tonight and then I'm just not going to stress about it. We have had a couple of weekend vacations since I started this journey in January and I have relaxed and enjoyed and they haven't set me back. Enjoy the holiday and the family and then when it's over, you get right back on track.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 600 calories of exercise for the three days before and I will "bank" at least 200 each day. Then on Turkey day, I am going to go for a run. With that, I will log everything and hope for the best. :flowerforyou:
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    Planning on running in the morning so I can nom on a little extra of my MIL's gluten free stuffing. Om nom nom. I am going to fill my plate with veggies though, asked my MIL to add more for me. Just had a horrible stomach/intestine experience last week and ended up in urgent care so I do have to be careful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I will log it, but I'm not going to feel crazy guilty. I'll even have seconds but probably will try to keep that to the healthier choices and not drown it in gravy like I would normally do.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Going to indulge and not care one bit. I miss good home cooking and more importantly my family.Plus I wouldn't want to insult anyone :wink:

And to be honest, I can't eat that much in one sitting anyways.