Your Gym Pet Peeves!

Options
Mine? When all the treadmills are taken and someone is just walking on one while texting (for a long period of time). Yes, I text on the treadmill, but I also get my workout in and get done.

What about you? :)

Replies

• whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    *eyerolls* those people who want to work out beside you or across from you and ask you your life story or tell you theirs ....especially early in the morning when i am at my most antisocial....ugh
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That I don't get to go as often as I'd like because I work away alot, waaaah.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    People who don't wipe off their machines!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    *eyerolls* those people who want to work out beside you or across from you and ask you your life story or tell you theirs ....especially early in the morning when i am at my most antisocial....ugh

Haha right? Especially when you're hauling it on the treadmill with headphones in. Hi, not here for social time, here to get my bod in shape. Thaaaanks.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Guys trying to hit on you. It's just awkward at the gym to me. I'm sweaty, tired, and annoyed. Shoo. LOL
    And yes, when people don't wipe off their machines....Okay, okay, so I don't do it either... -FAil-
  • alwayztalkin
    alwayztalkin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When people are talking on their cell phones when on the machines! So annoying! I'm here to work out, not listen to your conversations.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When someone leaves their notebook, or water bottle, or towel on the weight bench or machine while they are off doing several other things. drives me NUTS. I just want to knock their stuff off in one big swoop like a 5 year old. Don't worry, I never do :)
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    People that don't wear deodorant or wear too much perfume. Can't decide which is worse!? LOL!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    ****ers that throw down the dumbells.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Old guys grunting loudly walking at 2.5 miles an hour... Not attractive...

People who don't wipe off machines

People who hop on the machine you were about to use in the circuit without asking "Were you going to use this?"
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    When people are talking on their cell phones when on the machines! So annoying! I'm here to work out, not listen to your conversations.

Guilty... but I don't stay on the phone forever. :blushing:
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    People who don't wipe off their machines!

THIS! It's so disgusting!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    The guy that sweats WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much and leaves puddles. Also, the guy that gets on the treadmills or what have you and makes all kinds of loud noises... sounds like gagging on his snot!!!!!! UGGGGG sooo freakin gross!!!
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    People who bring a book to read because they are taking so long between sets. And raquetball players...they are like some sad old mans biker gang lingering around the gym all morning, hogging all the space in front of the courts, never breaking a sweat.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    guys getting their swell on. you don't need to check yourself out in the mirror after every set, bro.

i actually never see those guys unless i'm walking through the machine area. i stick to the squat rack. i've been going to my gym for about a month now, and i've never seen anyone but myself do a dead lift.
  • zumba89
    Options
    My pet peeves are when women have less clothes on and most of the time they are just walking around doing nothing. Put some clothes on people and do something. You pay 30 dollars a month to just walk around?
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    ****ers that throw down the dumbells.

THEY'RE MEN. THEY NEED TO ASSERT THEIR DOMINANCE. GRRRRRRRAWWWRRRR.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    We have a cinema room at my gym - watch a movie while you work out. Yesterday I went in and two women were carrying on a loud conversation... that I put up with for a while. Finally I piped up "Hey, we're trying to watch the movie" They stopped but I felt like such a b*tch. There is a whole other area they could have been using and talking, but nope - they went to the movie room.
  • Joannguido
    Options
    when people are "working out" and they are on their cell phones!! sitting there chatting, and the only thing they are working is their jaw. Put the phone down and workout for crying out loud. I think of my work out as my mini vacation, no phones allowed. It is MY time!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    smelly people

people who don't sweat, at all. (like seriously?)

the girl in the locker room who walks around in her pink thong & bra and feels the need to bend over in my face at every opportunity (barf - oh and OF COURSE she has those white lines under her butt cheeks that the tanning bed never reaches...)

people who take the spray bottle to spray their machine. NO, you spray the paper, then wipe the paper on the machine. (ok, I guess I can't complain, they ARE cleaning at least)

that girl who runs like a chicken (with her little bird wings) - more weird than annoying.

people who leave big globs of hair in the shower.

WOW, got carried away... ;)