Your Gym Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• TahliS
    TahliS Posts: 52
    Options
    People who don't wipe off their machines!

This!! Theres nothing more disgusting than going to use some equipment when you can see the outline of someone's sweaty bum.. *gag*
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    When people don't pick up their towels from the shower floor!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    people who put the treadmill at the highest incline...just to hold on to the top as they walk. IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE IF YOU HAVE TO HANG ON IN ORDER TO DO IT!

Guilty. It's still hard while holding on, especially if you've been running.

i just dont understand...why not just put it at a lower incline and move your arms naturally? lol

I do it for my butt! I get a good burn there when it's up that high. Not as aerobic, but my butt feels it!!
  • prosksb
    Options
    HA! Lots of votes for "people who don't wipe down their machines"... that super grosses me out.

Also:
    -not being able to find a machine
    -people who camp on machines reading or texting or whatnot. That goes for loud phone talkers too...
    -people who like to work out really close to where you are. We were going to this gym where you would set down a mat to stretch or whatever and within moments, you've got some dude's stinky gym shoes in your face (who wasn't there 5 minutes ago)
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    people who put the treadmill at the highest incline...just to hold on to the top as they walk. IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE IF YOU HAVE TO HANG ON IN ORDER TO DO IT!

Guilty. It's still hard while holding on, especially if you've been running.

i just dont understand...why not just put it at a lower incline and move your arms naturally? lol

I do it for my butt! I get a good burn there when it's up that high. Not as aerobic, but my butt feels it!!

ever try the stairstepper? that MF'er is no joke!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    ever try the stairstepper? that MF'er is no joke!!

OOOHHH yeah. I'll sometimes do like 20 mins of each of elliptical, treadmill, and stairstepper, or just an hour on the treadmill, it just depends on what weights I do that day. The high incline/holding on is just a nice break from running that still keeps my HR up and burns my butt up, but still on the same machine so I can go back to running once I've caught my breath.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    :noway: Everything posted in this thread.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    ****ers that throw down the dumbells.

lol....that reminds me of an earlier post you made addressing the gym ape....that was at water aerobics with his mom....lol.....omg i laughed so hard
    i think that was my best post ever :)
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ****ers that throw down the dumbells.

lol....that reminds me of an earlier post you made addressing the gym ape....that was at water aerobics with his mom....lol.....omg i laughed so hard
    i think that was my best post ever :)

it was damn sure one of the top!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree. I wipe before and after.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I agree. I wipe before and after.
    Nice KSO's :)
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    When the person on the machine next to you is (quite obviously) checking out your screen when you adjust resistance, speed etc. Then they surreptitiously change what they are doing as well. I'm like Noooooo, this is MY workout!
  • CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    guys lifting weights sounding like they are constipated

plus when they do it using their entire body and are like yeah look at my biceps im so strong
    ah id be more impressed if it was just your arms moving......../.
  • calikojac
    Options
    i have a brand new pet peeve after yesterday - i usually listen to a book on my ipod while on the tread mill. yesterday, i was 10 minutes into my routine when this woman gets on the tread mill right beside me (seriously?!?! there were 12 other open machines, and she has to get on the one right next to me?!?!) she puts on her head set and begins singing at the top of her lungs! again - seriously?! it was 5:30 in the morning - no one should be singing at 5:30 in the morning! she was so loud, i could hear her over my book... and she was so off key that i thought she was going into labour! I kept trying to stare her down, but - honest to pete - every time i looked over at her, she had her eyes closed in rapture. she would even make the occational broad sweep of her arms, or clutch at her chest like a first rounder of American Idol!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    i have a brand new pet peeve after yesterday - i usually listen to a book on my ipod while on the tread mill. yesterday, i was 10 minutes into my routine when this woman gets on the tread mill right beside me (seriously?!?! there were 12 other open machines, and she has to get on the one right next to me?!?!) she puts on her head set and begins singing at the top of her lungs! again - seriously?! it was 5:30 in the morning - no one should be singing at 5:30 in the morning! she was so loud, i could hear her over my book... and she was so off key that i thought she was going into labour! I kept trying to stare her down, but - honest to pete - every time i looked over at her, she had her eyes closed in rapture. she would even make the occational broad sweep of her arms, or clutch at her chest like a first rounder of American Idol!

That is a new level of MADNESS!! :noway:
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Errr.... I sometimes make loud grunts if I'm trying to squeeze out extra reps.

I also dislike the full body movements. I workout with friends that are really competitive and try to match my weigth all the time. I try to tell them to go down, but the get somewhat defensive. It's a whole different ball game when you use only your arm on a curl and limit the momentum from swinging.
    guys lifting weights sounding like they are constipated

plus when they do it using their entire body and are like yeah look at my biceps im so strong
    ah id be more impressed if it was just your arms moving......../.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Let me count the ways: LOL

People who wear too much cologne and it gives me an instant headache

People who don't wear deodorant

People who stare at you all the time or keep walking past you to look

People who don't wipe off their machine

People who use 2-3 machines at the same time

People who talk to you too much

Girls who wear almost nothing... Keep the butt crack and cleavage for your man (or woman)

OMG People who fart. Sooo grose, go in the bathroom

As far as the person who said something about sweating, I sweat like crazy around my neck and sometimes back, but I always bring a towel. You cant help that and I am working my butt off to make every minute count! :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I don't like that people don't interact anymore.
    When I first started going to Gyms 25 years ago, no one brought their Sony cassette Walkman. There would be one radio station playing in the background and that was it. So you could actually meet people and make small talk.
    Now everyone has a TV right in front of them and headphones on so unless you already know someone, you never will meat them.

I have been on the treadmill next to some people for years and I only know them by names I make up;
    1. He/She(debated for years, now I know its a woman)
    2. Bearded Guy
    3. Lawyer/Accountant Guy
    4. Nice @ss
    5. Nicer @ss
    etc.....
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone at the gym who isn't me. Unless they are cool. Then their ok.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    That guy that is always stands in the squat rack doing bicep curls pisses me off.