Food you can still eat the has no calories, fat, sugar, carb

Options
I thought this site might help some people. I have tired some of the stuff.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

I have tried the chocolate and marshmallow dip. Then have pasta sauces etc.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories, fat, sugar, or carbs.. is it still considered food?
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can and you must eat fat and carbs, you know!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    That is frightening....
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder "what is in it? I was trying to find an ingredient list on the site but didn't see one
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Just be aware that at the end of the day, fake food is NOT satisfying. When you eat healthy foods and include enough good fat, good carbs, lean protien, and plenty of fiber you will feel satisfied on the number of calories your body actually needs.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories, fat, sugar, or carbs.. is it still considered food?

Right....it's liquified plastic for all I know. I like real food I guess.
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I saw the ice cream syrups at the grocery store and it just sounded too scary.
    I'd rather eat real food than some completely modified "calorie free" magical unicorn 'food'
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am scared of food that isn't food. Run, Run!!!!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I've tried the dressings. Some are alright. I use them basically to add moisture to my healthy salads. I have also tried the mayo- not mayo! It's horrible! The jams taste very processed and extremely fake because, well, they are. Lol! The ketchup can pass for ketchup I guess.
  • leeanndelcourt
    leeanndelcourt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    NO....if doesn't have carbs, fat, sugar or nutrition I would not consider it food :) Food is good. Whole grains, colorful fruits and vegetables, good fats, nuts and avocadoes, lean protein......why would you want to eat something that is nothing instead of eating real food?
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine what these products are made out of?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I prefer real food in all its caloric glory, but thanks for the link :flowerforyou:
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just be aware that at the end of the day, fake food is NOT satisfying. When you eat healthy foods and include enough good fat, good carbs, lean protien, and plenty of fiber you will feel satisfied on the number of calories your body actually needs.

i agree!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eeekk! The ingredients list must read like a science experiment! I read 'free from' as 'substituted with'.
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    Makes me wonder "what is in it? I was trying to find an ingredient list on the site but didn't see one

http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    THE COMPANY mainly makes sauces. dips, salad dressing,etc.. ya know stuff like that so that when u want to add something onto ur food..i should really say (condiments) in the above sentence. but yeah, its not exactly food eat, yes we need carbs,proteins and fat. lets check it out before we say something negative.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    Also, I think they're probably playing on the "less than xx cals is considered 0 cals" rule. Which means 1 serving still has a few calories and if you add servings up, who knows how many cals you finally end up eating?
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    THE COMPANY mainly makes sauces. dips, salad dressing,etc.. ya know stuff like that so that when u want to add something onto ur food..i should really say (condiments) in the above sentence. but yeah, its not exactly food eat, yes we need carbs,proteins and fat. lets check it out before we say something negative.

Condiments = food
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Iceberg lettuce is only ten calories and 2 carbs a cup, with a small amount of fiber and vitamins, and a lot of water. If I'm looking for food that is negligible, I'll eat that. If I want a dip or salad dressing I'll eat the real thing and deal with the consequences.