Food you can still eat the has no calories, fat, sugar, carb

Options

Replies

• MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The nutrition page is here...

http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

I don't think it sounds all that bad...although sodium in many of them is a bit high.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I bought some of the chocolate dip out of sheer morbid curiosity. It literally tastes like a chemical cocktail. How do they get away with selling these things?
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    OMG no-calorie peanut butter??? It sounds too good to be true because it's probably made with weed-whacker mixed with Windex...and salt for flavor...
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    THE COMPANY mainly makes sauces. dips, salad dressing,etc.. ya know stuff like that so that when u want to add something onto ur food..i should really say (condiments) in the above sentence. but yeah, its not exactly food eat, yes we need carbs,proteins and fat. lets check it out before we say something negative.

It's been checked out and there's nothing beneficial about it. Any condiments I need a replacement for, I just wont eat. I'll enjoy my full fat mayo, if I want a scoop of my homemade jelly, I'll have it, I'll use real tomato ketchup, etc. Food isn't always for the temporary enjoyment of the tongue. I like to eat to fuel my body with the things it needs and the long term benefits are worth it.
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    according to find a store near u bi -low and harris teeter grocery stores sell these products
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories, fat, sugar, or carbs.. is it still considered food?

isnt that just air!? how can food have no calories?!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i too think they are playing on the less than xx calories = 0 calories.
    looking at the ketchup (which is my fave condiment) and it lists tomato paste and apple cider vinegar. which i know have calories in them...

oh and just saw the

*contains trace calories

at the bottom.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    *shivers*

Processed food is scary business.
    It's like I would be choosing between cancer and peanut butter.

I choose peanut butter.
  • myshell26
    Options
    Their caramel sauce is something awful! It tastes like chemicals and leaves that nasty after-taste in your mouth. I bought it because I was making caramel apples and decided to try to get a "healthier" caramel sauce for my apple, but I have not used it since. Seriously awful.
  • chinadoll725
    chinadoll725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do like their syrup. I don't think it tastes any worse than any sugar free syrup, and actually has fewer ingredients in it than a lot of the sugar free syrups. Don't knock it till you try it.
  • jenniferhiggins
    jenniferhiggins Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    asyouseefit: yes I know you must have carbs. I just thought some people might like this. I only tried the chocolate and marshmallow sauces. I used them for dips for my fruit.
  • jenniferhiggins
    Options
    koosdel: Is it food? That is a good question.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories, fat, sugar, or carbs.. is it still considered food?
    This!
  • jenniferhiggins
    Options
    Even though it says no calories,~a part of me thinks there must be some hidden.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder "what is in it? I was trying to find an ingredient list on the site but didn't see one

Ingredient lists are a little hard to find, but they are there:
    http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

I guess it's kinda like Coke Zero.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    May be for some but not for me. I choose the real thing and adjust. Tried the fakey fakey food route before and just don't see any benefit to it. sorry...........
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    For those who are criticizing... these food products are all condiments. Which means they aren't meant to replace real food. They are only meant to accompany real food so you can replace the unnecessary crap!
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I order from walden farms often. I love most of their products except for the peanut butter and jelly. not very good. but i love their syrup and salad dressings. and their bbq sauce is amazing!!
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    It all sound great.. Thank you OP for posting the link for the people who want to try it. I, for one, appreciate the thoughtfulness. Just because some of us choose to not eat things like this is NO REASON for everyone to be negative or bash on people who do or want to eat this. It sounds like a decent way of going if you are wanting to cut down on the calories and whatnot from condiments. The only thing that I saw that I found a little bothersome was the sodium amounts.. however, that is typical from processed foods. To each their own! :drinker: