Options
    The Scorpions
    Def Leopard
    Flashdance
    Blue Lagoon
    Jefferson Starship, "We Built This City"
    Blue Oyster Cult
    AC/DC

I was preppy, so we wore Polo shirts, popped collars, and ribbon for belts. Socks that matched our shirts and white Keds.

Graduated high school in 1985! Love that decade!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

One of my favorite songs of all time!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    aaaahhh...neon, charm necklaces (my favorite was a toilet that flushed and an elvis record), leg warmers, pinball, jelly shoes, thundercats, the smurfs, california raisins, atari...best time to be a kid ever!

YES!!! I was a kid in the 80's and I had all these - California Raisins, loved 'em. Had Smurfs sheets, Garbage Pail Kids cards and jelly shoes and slap bracelets and banana clips. I LOVE the music from the 80's and my first game system was Atari - and the original Nintendo where you had to blow on the cartridge if it didn't work. :laugh: Love it!

I still have garbage pail kids cards! hahaha
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

One of my favorite songs of all time!

That was the first concert my mom ever let me attend!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I think I saw just about every hair band in concert bag then, and I was so rockin' the big hair Longs Island style!!! ;) Saw Dokken, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Dio, Ozzy, Skid Row.....I could go on but am having trouble remembering names!!! LOL
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    omg- I'm at work cracking up at this post - Thank you!!

I'm still not convinced I'm not going to marry John Taylor....

B**** he's MINE!!!!!! JK, but I had flashbacks from Jr. High and fighting over John with my girlfriends!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I think I saw just about every hair band in concert bag then, and I was so rockin' the big hair Longs Island style!!! ;) Saw Dokken, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Dio, Ozzy, Skid Row.....I could go on but am having trouble remembering names!!! LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I will admit that I saw Warrant who opened for Poison at the Rosemont Horizon (now the Allstate Arena) here in Chicagoland!
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This summer I finally cleaned out 2 boxes of cassette tapes (my 8-yr-old said, "MOM, what the heck are THOSE??") and gave them to Goodwill.

Anybody remember "Dream Academy" and "Scritti Politti"? Of course I had the Led Zeppelin albums, some Black Crows, and lots of early Madonna. I even had a cassette of "Live Aid" that I taped by holding the microphone up to the TV speaker during the broadcast! YIKES. I AM old. :laugh:

I must admit, I kept my cassette of Bill Cosby routines, and put it in my car. "Old Weird Harold","Noah" and all the good stuff, and I can still say EVERY line by heart.

I loved Dream Academy and I still have a Scritti Politti 12". LOL
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    LOL I love this post! I recently bought a new car, so I have 3 mos of free XM radio. One of my favorite channels is the 80s channels. My 14 yo and I were in the car last week, OH Micky was on the radio. We sang every word to that song! Then, she says to me "Thanks, I hate you! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head!" (I'd made her a "mix-tape" CD a few years ago of my favs so she knows this song well)

Then yesterday..... The GoGo's We Got The Beat. Yep, she knew the words to that one,too. She loves a lot of the music from the 80's. All because I've raised her right!

Oh, and she can recite the entire Breakfast Club movie. She and a friend of hers will sit there and just say random lines from the movie when they're together. It's hysterical!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    LOL I love this post! I recently bought a new car, so I have 3 mos of free XM radio. One of my favorite channels is the 80s channels. My 14 yo and I were in the car last week, OH Micky was on the radio. We sang every word to that song! Then, she says to me "Thanks, I hate you! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head!" (I'd made her a "mix-tape" CD a few years ago of my favs so she knows this song well)

Then yesterday..... The GoGo's We Got The Beat. Yep, she knew the words to that one,too. She loves a lot of the music from the 80's. All because I've raised her right!

Oh, and she can recite the entire Breakfast Club movie. She and a friend of hers will sit there and just say random lines from the movie when they're together. It's hysterical!
    omg love the breakfast club! and pretty in pink!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Lets see the thing I love the most and remember the most in the 80's is my son, Chet. He was born in 1980 and the next 10 years raising him were the greatest.