Creepy boys at the gym

Options

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    At least he was of the opposite sex! Doh!

Wait til its someone of the same sex. It'll leave you waking in the middle of the night in a cold sweat! :wink:

BLECH! I had this older lady (maybe 60) who's super skinny and fit but REALLY wrinkly come up to me in the locker room and comment on how much weight I've lost. Her comments were nice, but MY GOD she was TOTALLY NAKED carrying on a conversation with me. I was like LADY I don't want to see your old saggy tata's in my face. EWWWWW!
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    creepers?? yeap they are quite annoying!

and for some reason Hotel gyms are the worst in my experience!!!!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I find that it's the GIRLS at my gym who are the creepers. One in particular...

I used to go to the gym at night and this couple would come in usually around the same time as me. She gave me the dirtiest looks EVER when I walked in! She would get on an elliptical with her hair all down and styled with perfect fresh make up and never sweat at all. After her elliptical "routine" she would find her guy and follow him around and stand next to him and glare at me everywhere he went. I never once ever tried to talk to the guy, in fact I avoided him just to show her I wasn't interested. I even tried to smile at her and say hi a couple of times but she just rolled her eyes and looked away. This wasn't just me observing this. I went to the gym with a friend once and didn't say anything about this girl to my friend. After being there for about 10 minutes my friend asks me, "Why does that girl hate you? She's glaring at you like you killed her family!" Sheesh...
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Some of these stories are hilarious.............others slightly disturbing! I swear I will be staring at my shoes the entire time I'm on elliptical at the gym tonight!

Glancing is the key. Like you're looking at the sun.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    BLECH! I had this older lady (maybe 60) who's super skinny and fit but REALLY wrinkly come up to me in the locker room and comment on how much weight I've lost. Her comments were nice, but MY GOD she was TOTALLY NAKED carrying on a conversation with me. I was like LADY I don't want to see your old saggy tata's in my face. EWWWWW!

Bwahahahahaha!! Sorry, but that's hilarious. :happy:
  • MrsOMG
    MrsOMG Posts: 84
    Options
    This always puzzles me. I am there as red as a tomato, sweating, huffing and puffing with my hair glued to my face and blokes are trying to give the eye or just plain staring.

The worst at my gym are the people that work there!

The other morning I had the gardeners wolf whistle and shouting at me on the way in, the cleaner staring and a lifeguard watching me constantly through a window from the pool to the gym on a treadmill. I think it was only as I was first woman there at 7.30am. It makes me feel so uncomfortable, I thought I might just be paranoid but my friend noticed it too when I took her.

Get lost perverts!!
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    HAHAHHA god bless naked old women and their determination to gym it up! they are tres adorable.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Some of these stories are hilarious.............others slightly disturbing! I swear I will be staring at my shoes the entire time I'm on elliptical at the gym tonight!

It is a lost art. :-D
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have two separate stories, one in which I was being creeped upon, and the other in which I tried desperately not to be the creep:

I left the gym one night last week, got in my car, and logged onto MFP with my phone (this is when I like to log my cardio/strength training before I forget it). My gym is in a shopping center with a grocery store and a pizza restaurant, so I didn't think anything of several people walking by as I logged my workout. I did notice one particular guy walked by a couple of times (I innocently thought he had forgotten something), but then he was standing directly in front of my car in my headlights... I guess he wanted me to see that he was there and make it clear that he wasn't sneaking up on me? He took a few steps toward my door and I rolled down the window no more than a couple inches. He then proceeded to tell me that I am an inspiration and that he's happy to see me whenever I'm at the gym. I said a polite "thank you" and hoped he'd go quickly away, but he then asked me how I was doing. (In my head I'm thinking, "Now is not the time for chit chat.") I told him that I'd fallen out of good habits recently, but that I was determined to get back on track. (Why did I feel the need to tell him this?!) Maybe he got the hint, because when I saw him last night, he didn't say anything to me. I just thought it was weird that he didn't say anything while we were in the gym (in the presence of other patrons), but instead waited until I was isolated in my car... maybe that's the paranoid single female in me.

The very next night, I'm getting to the end of my routine at the gym and I glance over and see a guy that works at my bank on one of the nearby machines. I smile politely, thinking he may not recognize me or want to engage in a coversation. So I try to finish my set (I'm on the chest fly/rear delt machine - you do both exercises on the same machine, but turn your body completely to switch between them), but I'm facing him and have to try extra hard not to look at him/make eye contact until I'm done. I turn around to do the other exercise and it's equally difficult to ignore him because of the mirrors everywhere! I wipe down my machine, walk over, and kept the covo to a severe minimum. It was awkward and I hope he doesn't think I'm a weirdo.

Social anxiety much?!
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options

I will admit to a glance at an attractive women but I'm definitely going to be a little more aware of how long and how often it happens! I see it all the time with guys checking out my wife.............but she's totally hot:)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    OMG, was reading another thread when I remembered the OTHER creepy person at our gym. I take a water aerobics class and there is this old dude who comes in and sits in the sauna for about 1/2 an hour and gets red as a tomato then he sits outside the pool and oggles the women during class adjusting himself here and there (you know what I mean). He waits until class is breaking up and then brings his nasty sweaty body into the pool and then proceeds to oggle the women underwater. Just plain NASTY!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I built an extensive weight room in my home. Complete with Elliptical, Recumbent bike, Treadmill, free weight and machines.

You guys are so lucky. I have to go out and search for creeps and invite them back to my house.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I built an extensive weight room in my home. Complete with Elliptical, Recumbent bike, Treadmill, free weight and machines.

You guys are so lucky. I have to go out and search for creeps and invite them back to my house.

Totally made me laugh :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Same here! The only creep in my gym is me :bigsmile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    OP, have you thought about building a home gym in your garage or basement, maybe? Possibly investing in some in-home DVD workouts? Between this and the Gym Princess thread, I'm getting the sense that going to the gym isn't enjoyable for you at all.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    OP, have you thought about building a home gym in your garage or basement, maybe? Possibly investing in some in-home DVD workouts? Between this and the Gym Princess thread, I'm getting the sense that going to the gym isn't enjoyable for you at all.

Hahaha! That's exactly what I was thinking:) Geez, I haven't had creepy girl follow me around the gym for years! I kinda miss her LOL
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I try so hard to give the cute ones all my attention, and see the thanks I get?

Are you sure you don't secretly like the attention? Fess up now.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I find this topic kind of funny. There was another thread a few weeks ago where a guy was asking what to do about a girl at the gym he liked. Some of the advice he was given, was exactly what everyone here is calling creepy! :)
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    yes i secretly love the squeaky voiced dude following me around the gym.....
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I just think that dude likes the way you iron your skirts while wearing them. :)