My Tablespoon plan

So in efforts to not offend the delicate souls that are my family, whilst still enjoying the feast that is Thanksgiving, I have developed a plan. I'm going to bring one of my Tablespoons from home, and that is size of my sample for all of the "extra tastey" items. Of course, green veggies and turkey are available in abundance, but all of the other things: mashed tatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, pies of various varieties, etc. I get to have one tablespoon of each and thats it. That is my plan anyway, God willing. anyone else have some sort of incredibly amazing plan of attack for T-day? I am afraid for those who don't have a plan!!! :p Cheers!!

Edit:I will pick one desert to have a sample of, heaven forbid if I have a tablespoon of 12 pies!! HAHAHAHA

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    My plan is that I'm an awful cook and we have no family near us anymore so I have to cook!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Sounds like a great plan!

I'm going to try to limit myself to 2 desserts. That will be a big feat for me!

Happy Thanksgiving. :smile:
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    I'm just overcompensating with exercise a few days before thanksgiving and a few days after. That's my plan!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 340 Member
    Do we need to make room for you guys?! :D Everyone is welcome at our T-day!!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    GENIUS!!
    My plan is to hang out with the 7 and under crowd most of the time (they won't be near the food!) and sit far, far away from the biscuits and bread. But since I strongly believe you should always CYA, I'm running at least 13 miles that morning :)
  • bear_nakey
    My plan is that I'm an awful cook and we have no family near us anymore so I have to cook!

see above for my reply LOL
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    I recommend just using the spoons that are there and taking very small portions--you are likely to get tons more questions and rude comments if you bring your own tablespoon measurer. Just my 2 cents.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    I plan on doing the same thing with the tablespoon. I think that's a good idea, really. You do get a taste, aren't deprived, and everyone is happy that you ate the whatever item and they won't bug you. BRILLIANT!!! :glasses:
  • bear_nakey
    GENIUS!!
    My plan is to hang out with the 7 and under crowd most of the time (they won't be near the food!) and sit far, far away from the biscuits and bread. But since I strongly believe you should always CYA, I'm running at least 13 miles that morning :)

Good idea!! and bread = danger zone!!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    My plan is to workout hard the morning of, and possibly be a a nice deficit tomorrow too and then eat in moderation on Thursday. We are having a second Thanksgiving on Friday too so I'll need to maintain moderation both days... The second one is at home so I can control what I make and insure the meal is more calorie, fat and carb-friendly while still enjoying some goodies!
  • bear_nakey
    I recommend just using the spoons that are there and taking very small portions--you are likely to get tons more questions and rude comments if you bring your own tablespoon measurer. Just my 2 cents.

That's the part where I say, " Let's be THANKFUL I am eatting your cooking at all!!!" And smile nicely!!! :D
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    My plan is to eat as much as I want and enjoy the holiday with my family! Good luck with your spoon.
  • bear_nakey
    My plan is to workout hard the morning of, and possibly be a a nice deficit tomorrow too and then eat in moderation on Thursday. We are having a second Thanksgiving on Friday too so I'll need to maintain moderation both days... The second one is at home so I can control what I make and insure the meal is more calorie, fat and carb-friendly while still enjoying some goodies!

Oh yes, and I am working out in the am!!! Woot!!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    i have no plan
    good luck with that.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    I'm Australian - The best way to avoid any thanksgiving problems is to be in a country that doesn't celebrate it. I wish all you TG-ers luck in your holiday eating!
  • thumperj2u
    thumperj2u Posts: 25 Member
    I like your idea...in fact I am going to use it also. Thanks for sharing....:flowerforyou:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member

see above for my reply LOL

HAH! I'm actually banking on my bad cooking to help me out. LOL
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    My plan is to eat slowly and really taste the food I'm eating. I'm going to try to not overflow my plate and try not to go back for seconds. Of course, I'll probably blow it anyway, but oh well. It's my favorite holiday.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    My plan is to eat as much as I want and enjoy the holiday with my family! Good luck with your spoon.

:heart:
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Funny that you said this because it's what I did last week at the work dinner. I just got one spoon of everything. But dang it us southern people cook to much and it filled my plate up. When I logged it..it was a lot of calories LOL> I just don't know how to log a tablespoon of something like mac and cheese or broc rice and cheese. I mean was it level? Was it heaping? Is that 1/4 cup or 1/8 cup LOL. Anyway it was too much so I'm definitely glad I will not be having that many items this week. I am cooking half the amount I usually do because I want no left overs! that is what gets me every year!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Nichole