Inter-racial families/couples

Options
nakabi
nakabi Posts: 589 Member
I'm curious how many of you are part of an inter-racial family/couple and if so, what ethnicity are each of you?

I'm half Brit (white father) & half Ugandan (black mum), but consider myself Ugandan. I'm married to a white American and we have 2 children. Our son (just turned 2) has medium brown curly hair and big brown eyes. Our daughter (7.5 mo) has light brown hair (still straight at this point, but probably will curl) and blue eyes. It's interesting to me how genetics play out in inter-racial families so hence the reason for my post...

Tag, you're next!

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Although first and foremost I am an American Texan. My race is half mexican and half not. Not sure what all my bio dad is. German and Irish possibly. However the majority of my family are in an inter-racial relationship.
  • maxwellcoffeebean
    Options
    I am part Latino, my grandpa came from Mexico. I also have from my dad German. My mom has a mix of Irish and Russian.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm in a semi-interracial relationship!
    I'm white, and he's half Ecuadorian. His dad moved here from Ecuador and his mom is white.

and, he gets the dominant Hispanic features of black thick curly hair and brown eyes
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My brother is married to a woman who has a biracial child. I love little Isaiah just like all my other nieces and nephews. To me, skin color doesn't mean anything and it's what's in a person's mind and heart that really count.

I have British, Irish, German and Native American (Cherokee) in my ancestry. I don't know a lot of my family history because my dad was adopted and my grandparents just never talked about anything.
  • KingB722
    Options
    I'm a white American married to a black American. Our children are going to be both of those and so much more.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Dad's African American (so African descent and probably other things somewhere along the line), mom's half White half Mexican.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm Native American (Abenaki) and my husband is a mix of German, English, and something else. 2 of our kids have blonde hair and blue eyes and 2 of our kids have brown hair and brown eyes. Go figure.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but my sister (white mutt) is married to an islander (african desent) and they have a beautiful daughter <3 Mixed babies seem to always be gorgeous (there is a picture of the cutie pie in my profile which is open).

I am engaged to a persian man, but technically that means he is from the caucus region therefore white as well, but with the cultural differences it very much feels like an interracial relationship.
  • ashleyrenae253
    Options
    spouse is african american and im hawaiian african american and italian:) nothing wrong with it at all!
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    obviously from my picture you can tell that i am white and my husband is black! i am a mix of irish/german/french/cherokee indian.
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    oh! very interesting. that's so crazy your daughter has blue eyes! i wonder if they'll stay that way.

i'm african american and my fiance is half filipino, quarter italian and quarter white in general... my fiance basically looks white other than his eyes and cheek bones therefore some people think he's hawiian. i can't imagine what our children will look like! i can't wait to see.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am inter-racial .... My dad was white/black/asian and my mom is black. My kids are 1st generation Americans on my ex-husbands side. They are German/French/Black/Asian. WOW What a combination!

c0bbd793.jpg
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm Caucasian and my husband is Korean.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am inter-racial .... My dad was white/black/asian and my mom is black. My kids are 1st generation Americans on my ex-husbands side. They are German/French/Black/Asian. WOW What a combination!

c0bbd793.jpg

But a good one indeed, they are sooooooo cute!!!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My first husband was Mexican American, so my two oldest children are half white/half Hispanic.

They are both "puro Mexicano", and I often got asked if they were my kids or if I was babysitting. I'm Scottish/Irish, so I have freckles and a fair complexion with light eyes. They both have dark complexions with dark eyes.

My youngest is in a relationship with an African American girl and my oldest has always dated white girls.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    oh! very interesting. that's so crazy your daughter has blue eyes! i wonder if they'll stay that way.

i'm african american and my fiance is half filipino, quarter italian and quarter white in general... my fiance basically looks white other than his eyes and cheek bones therefore some people think he's hawiian. i can't imagine what our children will look like! i can't wait to see.

They were blue from the start and haven't changed a bit since she was born. Doctors said that if they were going to change they would have around 5 months.
    My son looks like he's white, but with a tan. The best of both worlds :) His hair has the texture of a white person, but also is loose curls. (first thing people comment on when they see him is his hair lol).
    My daughter at this point looks all white lol..If I hadn't delivered her, I'd wonder if she was mine haha...
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is white american, and I'm a Chinese asian... (no, not from China.)

IMG_20110624_063130-1.jpg
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm white, husband is black. We have a 3 year old son with dark hair & eyes, & really tan skin. My profile pic is him when he was around 10 months old...he looks a lot different now!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My ancestry is Swiss-German. My ex is Cuban. Our children are made fun of because of their last name even though they look more European than Hispanic. One of my sons just quit a job at a restaurant because he was told that because of his last name he would have to stay in the kitchen.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My ancestry is Swiss-German. My ex is Cuban. Our children are made fun of because of their last name even though they look more European than Hispanic. One of my sons just quit a job at a restaurant because he was told that because of his last name he would have to stay in the kitchen.

That's horrible!