Inter-racial families/couples

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 1/3 Puerto Rican, 1/3 African American [his mother] and 1/3 Indian. I'm Puerto Rican American [was born in New York, my mom was born in Puerto Rico and my dad in New York].
    1/3? How did that happen?
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    my mummy is russian/french/black

and my papa is french/black

I dont look mixed at all..but my two sisters do..
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm black and cherokee (can't really tell besides the cheekbones and long hair), my oldest daughter is black/white, and my youngest is black/hispanic. My oldest looks like a caramel version of me, but my youngest looks adopted hahahaha and everyone asks "are BOTH yours?" yes for pete sake!!
    IMAG0239.jpg

IDK how to post pics on here but that's the link :ohwell:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I am Spanish, Native, Swedish and Irish. My fiance is Trinidadian, and Portuguese. And we have one beautiful little boy.
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm irish/german/african american/native american. Husband is African American and Creole with Beautiful thick, glossy black curls, light skin, and freckles. Our baby girl is light skinned has daddies curls, and my big brown eyes. She's GORGEOUS.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm black and cherokee (can't really tell besides the cheekbones and long hair), my oldest daughter is black/white, and my youngest is black/hispanic. My oldest looks like a caramel version of me, but my youngest looks adopted hahahaha and everyone asks "are BOTH yours?" yes for pete sake!!
    IMAG0239.jpg

IDK how to post pics on here but that's the link :ohwell:

That's the first thing a lot of people notice is the cheekbones.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    This might be a bit off topic but when I was in middle school in a small school I knew this man who was African American, very dark, and with all the normal features. EXCEPT, his eyes... a BRIGHT BABY BLUE!!!!!! This man was 30 something or so and it was the neatest thing. He was married to the secretary or something so that's how I got to meet him. And it was the coolest thing ever to meet someone like that!! :D

Anyways, I'm basically English/Irish/German and the family reunion of 80+ people are allllllllll the same. I'm married to another white person but he is NOT the same complexion as me at all. He's part Italian, has an Italian last name and really took on all Roman/Italian traits. So when we have kids it will be interesting to see how they turn out as I'm pale with dark blonde hair and blue eyes and he has black hair and black eyes but is also pale. Lol.

His sister is married to a Nepalese person she met in college and they just had a kid. He is absolutely adorable! I totally agree that multiracial kids are the most beautiful babies! I used to wish I was multiracial in high school because every girl that was was so gorgeous. lol oh well! I'll make do with what I've got.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I'm Korean and my parents are caucasian (I'm adopted).

My boyfriend is hispanic.

:smile:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 1/3 Puerto Rican, 1/3 African American [his mother] and 1/3 Indian. I'm Puerto Rican American [was born in New York, my mom was born in Puerto Rico and my dad in New York].
    1/3? How did that happen?

We count his family's background overall. The 1/3 Indian comes from his relatives: grandmother and grandfather! Most of my family is just Puerto Rican so I'm just Puerto Rican American lol
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    IMAG0239.jpg

Beautiful little ones
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm white, my husband is black. Genetics is interesting as each of our three kids are a different skin color. I'm as white as a gallon of milk and look ridiculous with them on a beach - lol!

A friend of mine is also like a milk bottle, she had a child with a coloured man, they have since split and he has no involvement in his child's life so the kid is surrounded by white people (very few coloured people in our area). The kid has the most beautiful colour of skin but one day when his mum went to collect him from school (only started school in September) teacher told her that during 'art & craft' he was covered in white paint, when teacher asked why he'd covered himself in paint he said...get this from a 4 year old...he wanted to be the same as everyone else!!!
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    IMAG0239.jpg

Beautiful little ones

Thank you!
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My dad is black and my mom is white. I have some native american going back on both sides, but I've been told it's too far back to "count". My ex husband is white. People come up to me and ask "What are you?" all the time. Even random strangers x.x I'm human...I'm american...female...short...could you be more specific? :P I even had someone ask me if my hair was real the other day. Why yes, yes it is! I have a friend who's mom is Filipino, her dad was white, and she's in a relationship now with a white guy and they have a beautiful little girl who will be three at the beginning of next year. I can't wait to have kids of my own. Genetics is pretty amazing.

Edit:

genetics also gave me a short, round body and the eyesight of a bat. Well you win some you lose some ^.~
  • kimkat77
    Options
    I LOVE this topic! I am German/Irish and my husband is Mayan Indian from Guatemala. We have a three year old daughter who has VERY long, chocolate-brown hair with red highlights. her hair is usually the first thing that people comment about. I love having two very different cultures in my family...life is about diversity and it is truly a beautiful thing!
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sadly enough when I was born the nurse turned to my dad and said "Don't worry, she'll get darker"

-.- How ignorant! He just cared that I was healthy, didn't care what color I was.

Oh goodness I could go on for days. I'll get off this thread now.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    My mom is German (born and raised in Oestrich Winkel) and my Dad is black (his mom was adopted so no one knows for sure what she was).

And my boyfriend has a Thai mom and white dad.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm white British and my husband is Mediterranean (His parents are Cypriot) so our children are technically mixed race though apart from the enormous eyelashes and extensive body hair (seriously my eldest is like a monkey) you wouldn't tell they're both white skinned, light eyes and the beginnings of freckles.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My mom is black and my stepdad is white they dont have kids together but he accepts me as his own :) we get along great! He's so cool! Lol he sounds like Hank Hill. My parents been married for 4 years and still strong!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I suppose i fit in here, im mixed race- indian/arab and my hubby is english. my daughter is a lot lighter than i am but a little bit darker than my hubby. so tends to look more italian/ mediterrean.
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    My boyfriend is white american, and I'm a Chinese asian... (no, not from China.)

IMG_20110624_063130-1.jpg

I'm confused...forgive me if this sounds ignorant but how are you Chinese but not from China? Do you just mean you were not born there? Like, I am part french but was not born in France?