Anybody doing keto/low carb and want to be friends?

Options

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I'm starting keto next week and would love to have some friends doing the same. Recipe ideas are also welcomed...there's only so much baked chicken a girl can take. :happy:

Well, there are many cuts of beef, pork, fish, shrimp, other seafood to eat besides baked chicken.

The vegetables are endless combinations too.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I wonder about the calorie deficit thing, because my calorie intake shot up when I started induction-level carbs, and my weightloss increased. I mean going from like 1300 a day to 1800 a day and beyond. I still lose weight at around 3lb a week, sometimes more. I know I probably wouldn't if I had less to lose, but still. Lots of people saying "watch the calories", and I just haven't had to. Some days I feel sure I won't lose anything, I've eaten so much and moved so little, but I always do, waaaay more than MFP calculates I should for my calorie intake.

All I can think is that it's something to do with the fact that I've never been a yo-yo dieter. For years I just piled on the pounds and never tried to stop. Maybe that makes it easier to lose on a low carb diet even with high calorie intake. A "normal" carb, low calorie diet didn't work very well, in contrast.

I realise I sound like a show-off, I don't mean to. I'm genuinely curious about it, and if I'm honest, worried. I worry I'm doing something wrong even if everything's going fine! ;)

There is a thermogenic effect with switching to a fat burning body instead of being a sugar burner. Your able to burn more body fat this way.
  • chiiqqyy2012
    Options
    Add me...Yes I did reach Ketosis..and wasn't sure how but once I read on it I knew I had done it BUT since then I haven't been able to get there again...:( ...add me..I just got here today.NEEWBIE!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump! love to try this
  • tarakay84
    Options
    I'm just starting this... But would love new buddies
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    May be a stupid question but would somone please explain to me the difference between South Beach diet and this?
  • purplerain011
    Options
    i'm a primal girl and loving it. feel free to add me
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Was doing low carb for the last 3 weeks until a major feeding frenzy this weekend. Back on it today but it makes me SO tired its torture to get my exercise in after work. Any suggestions???
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I really hate to be a party pooper or anything but I really feel that you really should be told what is going to happen from a fellow dieter who constantly got my *kitten* into ketosis and I am telling you this now, no matter what weight you lose it will be gained back. You will not have any energy to workout at some point after the energy blast that will go through you.

Think about it. Much love xxx
  • sarily44
    Options
    I'm starting I guess low carb. At work, everyone is doing the Ideal Protein, but it seems so restrictive. Carbs are a trigger food for me...as in I really can't eat just one. I am really new..I don't know how to "add" anyone.
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    I am doing low Carb, try to keep under 40 to 50---11 lbs lost since changed to lo:tongue: w Carb. I would love new L C friends! Add me
  • bjpbunny
    bjpbunny Posts: 3
    Options
    I will be starting the Atkins diet soon maybe this week even, ill be your friend if you want. Did do the sitllman a week ago for only 5 days though, did boost my metabalism a little to loose 3 or 4 lbs
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Feel free anyone to add me.. I just started it myself :) Did it before and was very successful and felt so much better
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want... I am trying to lower my carb intake, which is tough because I really like fruits and they are readily available around my office. I'm not trying to lose weight really, but my main goal is to drastically reduce (if not eliminate) the amount of grain in my diet. Grains are really inflammatory to me personally.

I don't think I could regularly do <20g and go keto, but I wish you luck :)
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of low carb high protein.

But I'm also about balance - I could easily reduce my carbs from my 120g a day to practically zero - I just can't see how its good for you. A healthy normal minimum is considered around 100g

I dont see how the maths adds up - if I reduce my carb to zero I could loose two pounds a week instead of 1lb. What are the supposed mechanics behind losing a 1lb a day
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I'm doing Ideal Protein which is also a low carb, high protein diet that gets you to ketosis. Feel free to add me.

I am going to be holding seminars at my local Chiropractor's office for shopping and cooking healthy, controlled carb meals once they get to the maintenance phase of Ideal Protein.

I am prepping a shopping list and recipes at the momen and meeting with the Chiropractor on Wednesday.

eta: I am also a fellow keto'r.........I used to follow Atkins and switched to Paleo as I like the freedom of not counting and just being able to eat when hungry.
  • mom2lakenjj
    Options
    BUMP for later reading :)
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I stay between 20-40 net carbs and love friends :-)
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    mebuthalf - that's what I'm doing, too. Aiming to keep it at or under 35 net carbs, started yesterday. I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    i am trying for low carb but i find it hard to find a lot of recipes. i would love to be your buddy! maybe you can help me find food lol!
    try:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ Love many of their recipes!