Who has lost the most weight here? And How?

Options
2»

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Have to agree about those who have kept it off. Hugely inspiring! Also take into account that although some have only lost 10-20 lbs, for some that is a HUGE amount. for example If you weigh 130 lbs and lose 20 lbs, you're actually losing 15% of you body weight, which is comparable to someone who starts at 300 lbs and loses 50. So you see, even the smaller losers are secretly big losers :laugh:

Right on, Kerri.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I think the % of weight lost would be more powerful than the actual numbers.

Tam, what % of your body weight did you lose?

Like for me, I've lost 45lbs. Started at 205lbs.
    45/205= 21.9%

(You can check that math.... 0.219 x 205 = 44.895lbs)

Holy crap. I think I need to see that number. I lost over 1/5th of my own weight!! Wahoooo!!!!
    Now if I can get off this last 10% (20lbs)....
    I've lost 50%!! Started at 270 and lost 135 lbs to reach 135!! :laugh: :laugh: Holy moly!!!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your input and Tamtam,DAMN!!! That is wonderful, your my idol.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: You are my idol, Tam Tastic:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Totally Fitness Chick!!! She's the most rockin' & supportive one on this site!! I hope to be as supportive and inspiring as her one day!

:flowerforyou: your not doin so bad yourself artschool girl:drinker: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Totally Fitness Chick!!! She's the most rockin' & supportive one on this site!! I hope to be as supportive and inspiring as her one day!
    You're such a SweetHeart:heart: I'm always so inspired by you!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    yea kerri...........we are a bunch of losers, arent we??:wink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :bigsmile:

Actually I think theantijared has lost the most, he's got a great blog set up to see his before, during and current pics... gotta definitely check THAT GUY out, He's seriously on a MISSION to Health!!!:drinker: :wink: :bigsmile: and He's doing SO GREAT!!!:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:

It probably is interesting to new folks who's lost a certain amount of weight on MFP and especially if someone has a similar amount to drop...I can see how that would be an inspiration:heart: that it CAN be done...that's how I keep my inpsiration going by what I see others having done before me.:drinker:

BUT I think to me the most motivating of all would be those that have kept it off for a long period of time, no matter how many lbs. they lost,:bigsmile: maintaining to me feels like starting the whole process from the beginning, what I mean by that is, it's something all on it's own...the ultimate goal, TO KEEP IT OFF!!:flowerforyou: . THAT is a true LOSER in my book, as I'm looking to follow in their footsteps and be inspired by them:flowerforyou: :heart:

Have to agree about those who have kept it off. Hugely inspiring! Also take into account that although some have only lost 10-20 lbs, for some that is a HUGE amount. for example If you weigh 130 lbs and lose 20 lbs, you're actually losing 15% of you body weight, which is comparable to someone who starts at 300 lbs and loses 50. So you see, even the smaller losers are secretly big losers :laugh:

I totally agree Kerri....whether someone has 5lbs to lose or 40, 100 or 400 lbs. it's just as huge and can be just as tough for them working toward their goal. :ohwell: what is even more success is keeping it off!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!