How You Livin?

Options
13»

Replies

• CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! The only things keeping me here are my job (which I'm really lucky to have), my family and my gym... sadly!
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I feel bad saying this b/c I love my daughter with all my heart but there are days (and I think every mother single or not can relate) that something happens, same *kitten* different day, kinda thing and I can't help but just bury my face in my hands and say, "THIS IS NOT MY LIFE!!! THIS IS NOT HOW THINGS WERE SUPPOSE TO BE!!!"

YES!! I have those days quite frequently since I stay at home with my kids (not saying I hate it, but it wasn't my choice). you're not alone. we need a single mommy group here too ;)
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    Im in North TX but belong near the ocean. My husband took me to Ft. Lauderdale. FL and I feel inlove. It was so relaxing to escape reality as I laid on the beach with my toes in the sand. I wish to retire there. ...
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    No! I hate where i live!! I was born in England, but then moved to Wales 10 years ago..

Its only the last couple of months that i hate living here - one of our neighbours told us that these houses are haunted.. All of these houses used to be an old peoples home in the 1700's and of course alot of people died there! Someone probably died in the same place as im lying now =/

Anyway when im watching tv in the livingroom, i see shadows go past the livingroom door going down the hallway, we have a wooden banister on our stairs, and i hear that all the time, as if someone is holding on to it! It makes a creaking noise, when im downstairs i hear my floor boards move, our floor boards are really bad! Soo we can hear everything and i hear people walking along them when were downstairs, when im in bed at night i hear our kitchen door close (even when mum and brother in bed!), i hear cups and plates hitting each other middle of the night, little things get moved around in my bedroom, i make my bed really tidy in the morning, and wen we all go shopping, i come back in my room only to find my bed creased up where like someone has had a sit down on it. One last thing - my tv turns itself on! And theres no setting for a timer to set it to come on!!

Now does anyone want to swap houses? This house scares the s.hit out of me!!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I really love where I grew up, and I think it suits me.

It is a tourist town in the S.F. bay area, California~very beautiful with lots of well-educated and open-minded, cool people!

There is always stuff to do, and the atmosphere is very chill.

Most of my family grew up in New York state and if I had also grown up there, I think I would feel the complete opposite...I really do not care much for the east coast.

Currently, I live in Southern Japan though. It is nice here, but not too different from any other country/state I have lived in before...I am very drawn to China recently, however. I am thinking of going there next year or moving there upon graduation.

If you feel you are in the wrong place, there is something called an astrocartogrophy chart http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrocartography. You can have a map of the world made, and it will show you where certain planets align, thus telling you where the best and worst places are in the world for you~My mom had one made for me when I was born. I feel it has been semi-reliable thus far...only semi because my mom does not have enough information to completely understand it, and neither do I.
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Currently living in Canberra, Australia.
    It's where I've grown up so is good for now but could end up anywhere in the future!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Jersey. I love my little town! I'm currently living in Beijing, which is cool but pretty much the exact opposite of my lifestyle. If I had to live anywhere in the world, I would probably pick Portland, Oregon or some sort of hippie-dippy type place.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I LIKE where I live...my immediate family is here, I grew up in this town, and even though I've moved to different states after I turned 18, I ended up coming back TWICE. That must mean something. :tongue: Also, if I had never come back, I wouldn't have had the chance to meet the man I'm marrying and love with all my heart and soul. :heart:

While I love traveling, no where else I've lived ever really felt like home, no matter how much I wanted it to. I will say though, that I LOVE St. Augustine!! My guy has never been there before, and I've been wanting to take him there sooo bad this entire year and was getting frustrated that he didn't want to go. Turns out, he's been planning for us to spend a few days there for Valentine's Day, so that we could save up a little spending money. :happy: That is the one place I feel could be "home" one day! I've been there a lot, and love it more and more every time I go. I love being able to walk mostly every where, be near the beach, the history (it's the oldest city in the U.S.!), the weather (close to what I have now, only a little cooler!)...I'm hoping my boyfriend will love it, too, so we can visit more often. Thankfully, I only live about 2.5-3 hours away!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    No! I hate where i live!! I was born in England, but then moved to Wales 10 years ago..

Its only the last couple of months that i hate living here - one of our neighbours told us that these houses are haunted.. All of these houses used to be an old peoples home in the 1700's and of course alot of people died there! Someone probably died in the same place as im lying now =/

Anyway when im watching tv in the livingroom, i see shadows go past the livingroom door going down the hallway, we have a wooden banister on our stairs, and i hear that all the time, as if someone is holding on to it! It makes a creaking noise, when im downstairs i hear my floor boards move, our floor boards are really bad! Soo we can hear everything and i hear people walking along them when were downstairs, when im in bed at night i hear our kitchen door close (even when mum and brother in bed!), i hear cups and plates hitting each other middle of the night, little things get moved around in my bedroom, i make my bed really tidy in the morning, and wen we all go shopping, i come back in my room only to find my bed creased up where like someone has had a sit down on it. One last thing - my tv turns itself on! And theres no setting for a timer to set it to come on!!

Now does anyone want to swap houses? This house scares the s.hit out of me!!!

Wow.........I would be freaked out all the time! Do you feel they're peaceful spirits?
  • macpatti
    Options
    I was born in the Bronx, lived in Chicago when I was in elementary school, then we moved to Texas. I imagined life like being on a dude ranch, so I was pretty upset (I'm a city girl). But, I'm in Houston, and LOVE LOVE LOVE it here! I get big city without the cold weather of the north. I'm happy and at total peace with where I am in my life.
  • macpatti
    Options
    I feel that I am exactly where I want to be, raising my five kids in beautiful North Texas.

Texas is the best! (Houston here)
  • macpatti
    Options
    This, Except 4 kids and in CT. I think I live in the best place in the world!

Connecticut is beautiful!!! My parents grew up in New York, and I was born there, so we made many trips to Connecticut.
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I'm a student in the middle of nowhere, so, no. First, finish my studies. Then, either get a kick-*kitten* job or go abroad and get a kick-*kitten* job. When I live in a huge city doing what I love, I'll be happy.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I used to think I was living in the right place...until I went to SoCal. Now? ....Not so much.

I'm also still not working in my field, despite having a degree. So I need to work on that. Perhaps in California? :wink: