13»

Replies

• sare_sweetheart
    Options
    bump!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! I could get away with a bottom bun only, 1 patty, and sauce. The sauce is a big deal. :smile: Thanks for sharing!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I added this into the database here and got well over 600 calories for the whole thing. Most of my products come from whole foods or trader joe's and to be honest alot of them i used the low fat version and I made this to serve 4 people instead of two (hence taking out the extra patty and bun bottom). Since I only allot mself 1200 a day that's pushing my calories a bit but it looks delishious. One day I will have to work my butt off at the gym so I can have one =)

My recipe actually serves 6, not 2, so that should cut your recipe's calories by 1/3 right there! :)

Ok. I didn't read the ingredients right. Thank you. Now it makes a whole lot more sense. Will have to add it back in and see the cals and see what day we will be having this lol
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I added this into the database here and got well over 600 calories for the whole thing. Most of my products come from whole foods or trader joe's and to be honest alot of them i used the low fat version and I made this to serve 4 people instead of two (hence taking out the extra patty and bun bottom). Since I only allot mself 1200 a day that's pushing my calories a bit but it looks delishious. One day I will have to work my butt off at the gym so I can have one =)

My recipe actually serves 6, not 2, so that should cut your recipe's calories by 1/3 right there! :)

Ok. I didn't read the ingredients right. Thank you. Now it makes a whole lot more sense. Will have to add it back in and see the cals and see what day we will be having this lol

No problem! I can see why you were surprised at the calories, lol!
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    I think the best thing about this is that you dont have the nasty additives. I mean, I have the calories some days for McD's, but I feel ill if I eat anything! Thanks! :D

Meant to say I plan on doing a few modifications of my own :D A wheat bun, and some veggienaise instead of mayo. Don't think it will change the taste much at all! :) The rest you could substitute (spinach instead of lettuce, etc), but I mean- change it too much and you are just making a burger! Ha :D (Which is also delish, but won't help a craving at all :)
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I think the best thing about this is that you dont have the nasty additives. I mean, I have the calories some days for McD's, but I feel ill if I eat anything! Thanks! :D

Meant to say I plan on doing a few modifications of my own :D A wheat bun, and some veggienaise instead of mayo. Don't think it will change the taste much at all! :) The rest you could substitute (spinach instead of lettuce, etc), but I mean- change it too much and you are just making a burger! Ha :D (Which is also delish, but won't help a craving at all :)

I know exactly what you mean about feeling ill when you eat McDonalds! After finally nailing down this recipe, I didn't go back for a really long time! The other day while travelling I grabbed a Big Mac, and thought it was the grossest thing ever! I will never go back to McDonald's again.
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • e_stone
    e_stone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jdelisle
    Options
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A big mac isn't something most people here at MFP eat regularly anyway. If I can and want to, I'll eat a real one. It's not he sort of thing I would make at home because it isn't a big calorie savings. Eating well 80% of the time is good enough. It won't harm you to have some additives infrequently. What's bad is when it's all the time.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    A big mac isn't something most people here at MFP eat regularly anyway. If I can and want to, I'll eat a real one. It's not he sort of thing I would make at home because it isn't a big calorie savings. Eating well 80% of the time is good enough. It won't harm you to have some additives infrequently. What's bad is when it's all the time.

Sometimes it's not about calories, it's about putting healthier food into your body. I'd chose real meat and real vegetables over the chemicals that McDonalds serves any day. The onions they use on the Big Mac's aren't even fresh, they are re-hydrated after soaking in a bucket of water all night. YUM.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just went to the link and saw the recipe......WOW! This is great! Can't wait to make it with a low fat bun, minus middle bun, fat free mayo and low fat cheese. Thanks for posting!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Enjoy! :)