What's your favourite new to you healthy food?

Options
13»

Replies

• ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Activia Vanilla Yoghurt, I feel like I'm having a treat but it's only 65cals!
    And Beansprouts but not together :)
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas sound soooo nice, I might make some tonight!

My recent discovery is Japanese food/bento boxes.

Onigiri - Japanese rice balls with something in the centre and rolled in roasted sesame seeds and seaweed - but I use wholemeal rice instead of white.

Oh and has anyone here tried 'Natto'? Apparently it's really healthy but it looks and smells really gross, so not many non-Japanese people like it. I have no idea why I want to try it so much! Apparently it tastes kind of cheesy and nutty. <3
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Whats eggplant in Ireland?? This is wrecking my head now..

Isn't it the purple thing??

Gggrrrrr. What do we call them????? :grumble:

I'll remember at some random time in the future and people around me will think I'm nuts when I blurt it out - looking all please with myself :blushing:
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Whats eggplant in Ireland?? This is wrecking my head now..

Isn't it the purple thing??

Aubergines?
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in my porridge (oatmeal). I like both foods separately but I was not convinced about mixing them together - but it's very very good! Especially with cinnamon on top.

Yes! I just started eating this the other day. I have a box of reduced sugar apple cinnamon instant oatmeal and it's AWESOME with half a tablespoon of peanut butter mixed in. I also really like reduced sugar peaches and cream oatmeal with a half a mashed banana mixed in.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Mine is roasted chickpeas and fresh pineapple!

Together? Please elaborate!!

haha goodness no! seprately they are my 2 new favourite healthy foods (I'd only ever had canned pineapple until a couple months ago)
  • Elarissa
    Elarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Home made soups. I am on a bit of a kick right now... they are freaking delicious because you can make them however you want and are healthy and a great way to get in all my servings of vegetables. Favorite so far is the roasted red pepper soup I made.
  • going2befit
    Options
    Greek Yogurt and Sweet Potatoes!!! I quit french fries and replaced them with sweet potato fries when I go places that offer them!

Agreed with this! I love Greek Yogurt, and baked Sweet potato fries are better than any other fries I've ever had!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Kale or collard chips with extra virgin olive oil and fresh lime juice and salt.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pan-fried Tilapia. Quick, easy, and delicious.. I love it so much I eat it a few times a week. :)
  • x1akurei
    Options
    Chickpeas onomom