Fly the world in December [closed group]

Options
Hey guys

This is going to be the message board for our new team challenge

This is our Christmas flight plan, to fly over as many Countries as we can by the 24th.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004af6f1c891a4b00054&msa=0&ll=-19.642588,-75.585937&spn=140.147097,316.054688

DETAILS
6 people to a team
Game starts on the 1st of DEC and ends on the 24th (the kids must have their toys!!!)
1 cal that each team member burns will count as one mile!
A team of 6 people each of whom burn 500 cals per day will complete !

I have to report the calories burned every day, so please be sure to update daily and if you don't burn anything for a day, please just put a zero. I will set up spreadsheet for everyone to log their burns on and provide a link to that shortly.

So far confirmed on our team we have:

1. Caligirl2802
2. Bully
3. Stu8newbie
4. leilaphoenix

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of others and will update as soon as I hear anything.

There are only two rules for this team.....
1. Have FUN and enjoy the challenge!!!!
2. Please post your calories daily, if you haven't posted for ONE WEEK you will be thrown overboard (with a parachute of course) and I will have to replace you.

In the meantime we need to come up with a catchy team name, so suggestions please.... something fun, catchy and a little feisty :)

Let's make this a winning team!!!

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Here I am!
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    VLADIKAVKAZ has confirmed!! Just waiting for one more confirmation and we will have a full team :)
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    As am I.

Good luck all.
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    As am I.

Good luck all.

Hi Vlad, good to be on your team again. How's the running going?
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    To keep myself enthused on the run up to Christmas I'm going to do (at least) the Half Iron Man distances on each of run, cycle and swim between the 1st and 24th! :)
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    To keep myself enthused on the run up to Christmas I'm going to do (at least) the Half Iron Man distances on each of run, cycle and swim between the 1st and 24th! :)

is that daily, or in total?
    How's the running going?

Not bad, long runs are up to 14 miles now. When I set off in the mornings I'm running in pitch blackness for the first hour.
    Unfortunately, the beer and curry diet that I've been following hasn't had the desired effect on my weight. Might have to review this going forwards...

Are you still running as well?
  • caligirl2802
    Options

WOW!!!!! Thats awesome, way to go Leila!!!!!
    How's the running going?

Not bad, long runs are up to 14 miles now. When I set off in the mornings I'm running in pitch blackness for the first hour.
    Unfortunately, the beer and curry diet that I've been following hasn't had the desired effect on my weight. Might have to review this going forwards...

HOLY COW Vlad.... thats awesome!!!!!!!

I'm hoping to start the C25K this month now that I'm done with training for a while, I don't have any more karate comps probably until Feb/March next year so I'm going to take the karate training down to twice a week and then do the C25K in between. Hopefully will be able to enter a race at the beginning of next year :)
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    Have confirmed the last member for our team as CharlieJuliett......welcome aboard!!!

So now we need to decide on a team name....

Looking at the team we have an even split of girls/boys, we are all from the UK, I think we all have varied interests from running, walking, cycling, martial arts, badminton. I think the name should be something catchy but feisty....

These are some of my suggestions but I'd love more Ideas please????

En Fuego Flyers
    Fire Breathing Thunderbirds
    Skinny Minnies
    Fast and Furious Flyers
    Lean Mean Flying Machine
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great to be part of the team!
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    In total! I'm not quite up to doing it all in a oner yet! Especially not in the dark December days... I'm thinking I might have a go at a real sprint triathlon next year though...
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    In total! I'm not quite up to doing it all in a oner yet! Especially not in the dark December days... I'm thinking I might have a go at a real sprint triathlon next year though...

I'm interested in doing a mini triathlon too, just not sure what is involved, I plan on looking into it next year.
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    We need a team name guys..... any ideas?????

Here are my ideas, I'd love to hear any other suggestions

En Fuego Flyers
    Skinny Minnies
    Fast and Furious Flyers
    Lean Mean Flying Machine
  • Bullly
    Options

is that daily, or in total?
    How's the running going?

I am, but after the 4 weeks of colds and coughs I suffered I am back to square one. Managing at most 3 miles currently but at least I am quicker than I was - between 10.5 - 11 minute miles so pleased with that. Lets hope I can keep it going!

• Bullly
    Options
    We need a team name guys..... any ideas?????

Here are my ideas, I'd love to hear any other suggestions

En Fuego Flyers
    Skinny Minnies
    Fast and Furious Flyers
    Lean Mean Flying Machine

What about "Not that fast but Absolutely Furious Flyers"
  • Bullly
    Options
    How about Caligirl Airways?
  • caligirl2802
    Options

LOL..... I like it

OK well team challenge starts on Thursday so we need to decide on a name.....can we put it to the vote, these are the suggestions so far:

En Fuego Flyers
    Skinny Minnies
    Fast and Furious Flyers
    Lean Mean Flying Machine
    Not that fast but Absolutely Furious Flyers
    CaliGirl Airways
  • Bullly
    Options

LOL..... I like it

OK well team challenge starts on Thursday so we need to decide on a name.....can we put it to the vote, these are the suggestions so far:

En Fuego Flyers
    Skinny Minnies
    Fast and Furious Flyers
    Lean Mean Flying Machine
    CaliGirl Airways

I'm with CaliGirl Airways
  • Bullly
    Options

LOL..... I like it

En Fuego Flyers
    Skinny Minnies
    Fast and Furious Flyers
    Lean Mean Flying Machine
    CaliGirl Airways

I'm with CaliGirl Airways
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    works for me too.