cut out coffee?

Options
13»

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Coffee is not bad for your health in moderation so if you enjoy it I don't see any reason to cut it out completely!! If we're talking about weight loss, then as you probably know already coffee itself has minimal to no calories, it's just the milk/cream and sugar that you might want to cut if you're looking to reduce the calories :)
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    That's the craziest idea I've ever heard! Cut out coffee. Pffhhhht! No way. After being woken up six times a night by my baby, a cup of joe is the only way I can survive!
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you don't usually start your mornings with coffee anyways, then try a cup of hot lemon water.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Never! I still drink 3 cups every morning. Usually black... Sometimes I'll do 1 tblsp of creamer or evaporated milk in my first cup of the day but I religiously measure that tablespoon... Never "eyeball" it because when I did that I realized my eyeballing was quite different than what the measuring spoon told me! Sometimes I use Torani sugar free white chocolate syrup (0 Cals)
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have cut out coffee before when I was pregnant and was fine- but the last time I tried (last week) I got horrible headaches and I didn't want to go through that again. So now I am measuring my cream and sugar and cut the amounts I use by more than half
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I haven't cut it out, but if I did, I think there would be an increase in violent assaults in my city. I'm better off drinking it. :drinker:

Haha! Same here! I wouldn't dare take those calories away from my daily intake. I'd rather cut somewhere else! I drink 2 cups a day of almost mud-like espresso with my favorite trimmings of cane sugar (1/2 tea spoon) and a little 1% milk.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There have been times in my life when I felt the need to wean myself off of coffee, mostly because I would get headaches when I didn't have it from withdrawal. Now I just cap my coffee at three cups a day, often I have only one, and on the few days when I have none I have no headaches. Basically I try to drink it only when I need it, which is nearly every morning and occasionally in the afternoons. My coffee is only 45 calories - one tbsp of half and half and one tsp of sugar, which is just how I like it. I'm willing to 'spend' no more than 135 calories - or 3 cups - a day on coffee, if I really need more caffeine after that I drink tea cause I like it plain.